Rugby: British/Irish Lions Tour of New Zealand '05

I watched the game yesterday.

The Lions are struggling to win even against club teams. Looks like another thrashing by NZ on Saturday. :smiley:

I watched the game yesterday.

The Lions are struggling to win even against club teams. Looks like another thrashing by NZ on Saturday. :smiley:[/quote]

yup, and roll on Aug 13th (is it?) the first Bledisloe Cup game. :smiley:

That Auckland game… while exciting and very passioned… was honestly some of the crappest rugby I have seen in a while…

If Auckland continue like that for the NPC then they’ll be finishing last, behind Southland…

That was great hook Tuitoupo landed on Kay…

Cheers!

Daryl

[quote=“daryl_ks”] That was great hook Tuitoupo landed on Kay…

Cheers! Daryl[/quote]

Ben Kay should learn not to mess with guys he thinks won’t hit back. His eye was fully closed 30 seconds after that great smack in the head.

The ref warned the B.L. 3 times in the games for throwing punches. I hope next time they just issue cards first instead of warning. The B.L. often resort to punching when they are close to or are losing games.

To be fair… I’m pretty sure after watching it a few times that Kay retaliated after Tuitwostep did something… but it was still a great punch…

If there’s one gripe from the BL that I have to agree with, it’s the standard of reffing in the mid-week matches.

Paul Honiss and Steve Walsh have been pretty much crap… Lyndon Bray was ok but seems to have brain-fades every now and again… Bring BAck PADDY!!!

Cheers!

Daryl

Ahhh yes, the Bledsiloe and the Tri Nations… no guaranteed wins in this competition we know that…

All Blacks do look to be the favourites but we said that last year and the Kiwi’s came last :astonished: :astonished:

No way the Kiwis can come last…

Well, before we turn this into a Tri Nats thread…

It’s gonna be interesting to see how the AB’s go minus their two best players… McCaw and Carter…

Me personally, I woulda loved to see Mehrtens get recalled for one last game… that would be awesome… But then again that’s probably why Henry is the coach and not me…

I think Holah should’ve gtten the nod to play openside…

It’ll be a bit closer without those two, and the Lions are gonna be fired up as they don’t want to be remembered as the worst Lions team in NZ ever…

But I’m still looking for the AB’s to spank the Kitty cats…

Lets say AB’s 35 - Lions 13

Cheers!

Daryl

Looking for this??

Actually NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

That sort of abberation can never be allowed to occur again…

[quote=“daryl_ks”]Actually NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

That sort of abberation can never be allowed to occur again…[/quote]

You mean the Kiwi’s coming last? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It happened last year.

… yes…

and that’s why I said it can’t hapen AGAIN!!! :blush:

for those interested, the final NZ-BL game is on Star Sports (i.e. cable) at 3pm today. :smiley:

startv.com/eng/frame_schedule.cfm

[quote=“truant”]for those interested, the final NZ-BL game is on Star Sports (i.e. cable) at 3pm today. :smiley:

startv.com/eng/frame_schedule.cfm[/quote]

And for those with Dream TV Star Sports shows both live games with British Lions vs NZ and Australia vs South Africa

09-Jul-05 14:30 Rugby LIONS TOUR
RUGBY HQ ASIA (L) 00:30

09-Jul-05 15:00 Rugby LIONS TOUR
BRITISH & IRISH LIONS TOUR TO NEW ZEALAND 2005
AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
New Zealand Vs British Lions (L) 02:00

09-Jul-05 17:55 Rugby SANZAR HOME TESTS
2005 MANDELA PLATE
Australia Vs South Africa (L) 02:05

[quote=“daryl_ks”]… yes…

and that’s why I said it can’t hapen AGAIN!!! :blush:[/quote]

Yes, last year one of my Kiwi buddies was ribbing me about how the South Africans would came last in the tri-nations. He asked me how I would feel if we lost the last game.

I answered not a s bad as you guys because if we won wo took the trophy but if we lost the Kiwi’s came last…

He then went pale and started counting the points table and realized I was right…

I didn’t feel too bad that we lost in a good game… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well, I’d say that was a fairly comrehensive series win to the All Blacks.

Many thanks to the match officials for reducing the ABs to 14 men with dubious calls a couple of times. Good backs-to-the-wall practice. We scored 14 points while Tana was in the bin, so it worked out well.

What can you say about the Lions?
“Best prepared team ever.” Yeah, right. Woodward proved to be a useless coach and Alastair Campbell should’ve stuck to spinning bald-faced lies about British involvement in Iraq.

At least the Lions fans - the Barmy Army - did themselves proud. By all accounts, they were good-humoured and courteous wherever they went.
:sunglasses:

[quote=“LagerLout”]Well, I’d say that was a fairly comrehensive series win to the All Blacks.

Many thanks to the match officials for reducing the ABs to 14 men with dubious calls a couple of times. Good backs-to-the-wall practice. We scored 14 points while Tana was in the bin, so it worked out well.
[/quote]

Yes I agree… Tana sent off for slowing down the ball but when the Lions did it 5m from their own line just a penalty. I wish the ref’s were more consistent. But then again NZ could have played with 13 players the whole game and still would have won.

Australia played well against the boks yesterday so the AUS NZ clashes in the tri-nations are going to be close games. Certainly I can see the Wallabies beating the Kiwis after yesterdays fantastic defence against the boks.

Lions are over… now we AB supporters have a long while to wait until we get any rugby to watch… It’s gonna be a poor July for rugby…

I guess all I’ll have to watch is the Aussies spanking the Saffas again next weekend…

Cheers!

Daryl

[quote=“daryl_ks”]Lions are over… now we AB supporters have a long while to wait until we get any rugby to watch… It’s gonna be a poor July for rugby…

I guess all I’ll have to watch is the Aussies spanking the Saffas again next weekend…

Cheers!

Daryl[/quote]

Hahahaha!! It’s at Ellis Park (Johannesburg), so good luck with that.
And the game is on the 23rd of July.

Best comment from the entire tour - as Campbell was heading off somewhere in the stadium during one of the games, someone in the crowd yelled to him “Hey Alastair! We found your weapon of mass destruction - he’s called Jerry Collins!”