Rugby: November 2009 tours

Couldn’t watch the game either. It wasn’t broadcast on Supersport or Rugbyzone.com…[/quote]

Could have sent you a live stream. Too bad but I was at the game in Tokyo… was a lot of fun and the crowd was 80% expats and many like myself flew in from overseas. I was lucky enough to sit next to a board member of the Brumbies.

[quote=“Elf1nDrak3”][quote=“bismarck”]Aus 19 - 32 NZ.
First game and Elf1nDrak3 scoops the most points for an exact prediction. NZ by 13.
Well done. :bravo:[/quote]

Thanks. :smiley: It was luck. I’ve screenshot the global standing too, Haha. This is once in a lifetime that one is first on the global standing too.
Again, very lucky! It will change soon :P[/quote]
Well, the yellow cap goes to you my friend! Go check the log. Appreciate your cap! I’ll be hunting it hard this weekend! :wink:

Aussies man shamed Gloucester by 31. Must have been an awesome game in terms of try scoring!

We have some tough picks for this weekend’s round. The Boks should steamroll Leicester, but the Aus vs England game is a tough one with Wilkinson back. Portugal vs Namibia is also a tough pick. Both sides are about even, but the Portuguese have been doing very well at sevens lately. Also, the Wales vs AB match could be tricky. Good luck with your picks!

Couldn’t watch the game either. It wasn’t broadcast on Supersport or Rugbyzone.com…[/quote]

Could have sent you a live stream. Too bad but I was at the game in Tokyo… was a lot of fun and the crowd was 80% expats and many like myself flew in from overseas. I was lucky enough to sit next to a board member of the Brumbies.[/quote]
What about the rest of the November tour games? Could we get a live stream for any of those?

btw, my Rugbyzone subscription is running out in May 2010, so I’m definitely going to be in the market for something around then, although it pisses me off that I can’t watch any of the November tests…

The Bok “A” team to face Leicester. Decent side with the exception of Earl Rose…

[quote]Revised Springbok team: 1 Gurthro Steenkamp, 2 Chiliboy Ralepelle (captain), 3 Jannie du Plessis, 4 Danie Rossouw, 5 Andries Bekker, 6 Dewald Potgieter, 7 Davon Raubenheimer, 8 Ashley Johnson, 9 Heini Adams, 10 Ruan Pienaar, 11 Jongi Nokwe, 12 Wynand Olivier, 13 Juan de Jongh, 14 Odwa Ndungane, 15 Earl Rose.

Reserves: 16 Bandise Maku, 17 Heinke van der Merwe, 18 Alistair Hargreaves, 19 Jean Deysel, 20 Francois Hougaard, 21 Meyer Bosman, 22 Riaan Viljoen.[/quote]

I can’t seem to be able to see other people’s predictions for the games. What am I doing wrong?

You can only see their predictions after you’ve made yours…

[quote=“bismarck”]The Bok “A” team to face Leicester. Decent side with the exception of Earl Rose…

[quote]Revised Springbok team: 1 Gurthro Steenkamp, 2 Chiliboy Ralepelle (captain), 3 Jannie du Plessis, 4 Danie Rossouw, 5 Andries Bekker, 6 Dewald Potgieter, 7 Davon Raubenheimer, 8 Ashley Johnson, 9 Heini Adams, 10 Ruan Pienaar, 11 Jongi Nokwe, 12 Wynand Olivier, 13 Juan de Jongh, 14 Odwa Ndungane, 15 Earl Rose.

Reserves: 16 Bandise Maku, 17 Heinke van der Merwe, 18 Alistair Hargreaves, 19 Jean Deysel, 20 Francois Hougaard, 21 Meyer Bosman, 22 Riaan Viljoen.[/quote][/quote]

Nicely put :wink: “A” Team haha.

[quote=“bismarck”]The Bok “A” team to face Leicester. Decent side with the exception of Earl Rose…

Reserves: 16 Bandise Maku, 17 Heinke van der Merwe, 18 Alistair Hargreaves, 19 Jean Deysel, 20 Francois Hougaard, 21 Meyer Bosman, 22 Riaan Viljoen.[/quote][/quote]
And they’ll be facing:

[quote]Leicester Tigers: Scott Hamilton, Lucas Amorosino, Andy Forsyth, Manu Tuilagi, Johne Murphy, Aaron Mauger (captain), Ben Youngs, Brett Deacon, Ben Pienaar, Geoff Parling, Ben Kay, Calum Green, Martin Castrogiovanni, Mefin Davies, Marcos Ayerza.

Reserves: George Chuter, Dan Cole, Tom Armes, Dan Hemingway, James Grindal, Greig Tonks, Lote Tuqiri.[/quote]

Well, so much for South Africa’s “depth”, or at least the selections and combinations PDV came up with for a “second string”/SA “A” team…

The SA XV got owned by an understrength (England national call ups) and injury ridden Leicester 22 - 17. One shudders to think what would have happened to PDV’s Earl Rose Kitten XV if the five English Internationals were available for Leicester this weekend.
Reminds me of what I said before the Lions tour. Without team that Jake White built PDV is unveiled for the fraud that he is.

Not a good beginning to the tour “Oom” Piet… :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

[quote=“bismarck”]Well, so much for South Africa’s “depth”, or at least the selections and combinations PDV came up with for a “second string”/SA “A” team…

The SA XV got owned by an understrength (England national call ups) and injury ridden Leicester 22 - 17. One shudders to think what would have happened to PDV’s Earl Rose Kitten XV if the five English Internationals were available for Leicester this weekend.
Reminds me of what I said before the Lions tour. Without team that Jake White built PDV is unveiled for the fraud that he is.

Not a good beginning to the tour “Oom” Piet… :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:[/quote]

I stayed up really late to watch the game… oops for SA but not a total disaster… they could drop the coach finally lol

What is it with South Africans? Have two of the best years in our rugby history, then lose an arbitrary, inconsequential game or two and everyone’s baying for blood. :grrr:

Dude, they lost to an understrength injury ridden Leicester. Hardly inconsequential.
Of course, it will be interesting to see what they’ll do against Saracens. Perhaps they have learned a lesson or two, but it doesn’t bode well for when Matfield, Botha, Smit, Du Preez et al retire. The upcoming test against France and the one against Ireland should also be revelatory…

Edit: Mostly I’m just pissed I didn’t pick Leicester on Superbru. With Rose at 15 I should’ve known better. :wall:

My Wobbly Wallabies finally get a good win after a torrid first half.

I see the wallabies were fed weetbix and vegemite sandwiches at halftime for a bit of extra energy.

The All Black as usual battled onto another win as well. The Saffies are letting us down on the Northern Hemisphere Southern hemisphere battles.

That was a great try by Cooper to drag a few Enland players with him over the try line to score.

[quote=“Satellite TV”]My Wobbly Wallabies finally get a good win after a torrid first half.

I see the wallabies were fed weetbix and vegemite sandwiches at halftime for a bit of extra energy.

The All Black as usual battled onto another win as well. The Saffies are letting us down on the Northern Hemisphere Southern hemisphere battles.

That was a great try by Cooper to drag a few Enland players with him over the try line to score.[/quote]

That was indeed a fantastic bulldozer try by AAC. Congrats to Dingo and his crew. I watched live online. The All Blacks were a bit greedy and cocked up (am I allowed to say that) a few tries, but a win is a win.

Carter is not just a great player!He is the best player I have seen in 30+years of watching rugby.Thank goodness he was born in the Land of the Long White Cloud.He wins so many games for NZ.Take him and McAwe out of the ABs and NZ would lose 5 or 6 tests annually.
Great to see Zac Guildford have as good of a debut as I’ve seen in a long while.BB Brad Thorn was immense as always (hope his body can go another two seasons).I was shocked that Eaton had a good game…thought he has been 2009’s luckiest to be an AB.
The Abs only won by a handful,but I’m happier with the way they are playing.They are gonna really thump one or two of these NH teams in the coming weeks.England please :pray:
Wales played well and at full strength would be a very good side.Put Phillips,Byrne into that team and they’ll win the 6Ns next year.
Looking forward to seeing highlights of the Crims getting a win at Twickers.Deans can relax for a week.

I’m really crap at this prediction game, but that Elf1nDrak3 dude… It’s arcane and uncanny. Haha@sports betting and match-fixing in Taiwan baseball. This Elf guy is strutting his corrupt rugby match-fixing all over the internet. Someone needs to put a stop to it. I’m reporting him to the relevant authorities. :no-no:

Agreed. We need Elfgate.

I watched the Oz-Eng game and really enjoyed it. What a wonderful stadium and crowd. The Aussies had a great second half and I was happy to see them win.

I’ve always enjoyed watching Wallabies games - their inconsistency must be frustrating for fans but they play entertaining rugby and are probably the cleanest team around (in terms of not resorting to thuggery or dirty Frenchie tricks). The Aussies do especially well considering the small national base of players. :beer:

:smiley: Ahhh, this gives me such a warm feeling guys. Haha.
I’ve been watching rugby since before I could speak and played rugby from the day I could walk. It’s in my blood. Haha.
Good luck with the next round guys!

The next round is pretty predictable except for the Japan - Canada game. That one can swing either way.
I’m very disappointed in South Africa (B/C Team) losing against a provincial side. That’s just humiliating! But yes, what do one expect from a team with the ‘springkaan’, ‘no sense of rugby’, ‘hit me face’ Erl Rose. I REALLY don’t like that guy. Even more than Luke Watson or Ricky January. But hey! We can’t have everything our way right?

I am particularly interested to see what will happen in the England - Argentina game. That one should raise a couple of eyebrows.

(On a side note, I went to the dentist on Friday for a Root Canal, and after 8 injections the doctor said I should stop drinking so much because the injections don’t work. :S I had to endeavor the hideous root canal without the luxury of not having to feel a thing. Serves me well.)