Rugby Union: Winter Tours and Junior RWC 2012

Hey guys. I’ve sent out Superbru invites to everyone, but the numbers are still low and it seems that some of you may not have gotten the invitation. So here are the pool codes.

Winter Tours - Forumosa Rugby Club: dumptogs

Junior RWC 2012 - Forumosa Rugby Club: altoaloe

The Winter tours have had one game already (Wales vs Barbarians), but there are more games on Tuesday. The JRWC kicks off today in 8 hours, so join up and get your picks in!

Hope to see you all there!

The Rugby games are also available on our HD Satellite at Carnegies.

We will be showing all 30 live Test Rugby matches in June on our large projector screens. Pop over and enjoy some of the best viewing for Rugby.

We also have the Junior RWC and other Rugby games as well from a number of channels like HD Setanta Asia on satellite, Eurosport Asia ( not the Taiwan Eurosport ) as well as Sky Sports UK and Fox Sports Australia for any special events now shown on other channels.

quit spamming the forums with your stuff, or buy a banner. The matches are also available through the internet. Go to planetrugby forum and chat to people there, since the moderators on this site do not allow us even to mention this, even though it’s common knowledge in the rest of the world. :raspberry:

and FWIW jimi, before you temp me on this because STV will whine to you, I used several posts to boost Bismarck’s Superbru group in a positive way. I’m there to help if others wish to know how to view the rugby, just PM me.

[quote=“Kea”]quit spamming the forums with your stuff, or buy a banner. The matches are also available through the internet. Go to planetrugby forum and chat to people there, since the moderators on this site do not allow us even to mention this, even though it’s common knowledge in the rest of the world. :raspberry:

and FWIW jimi, before you temp me on this because STV will whine to you, I used several posts to boost Bismarck’s Superbru group in a positive way. I’m there to help if others wish to know how to view the rugby, just PM me.[/quote]

STV is serving out a ban right now…wouldn’t worry bout him.

[quote=“the bear”]

STV is serving out a ban right now…wouldn’t worry bout him.[/quote]
And he most certainly doesn’t dictate terms to me about how I run my forums. :wink:

I would temp everything from the Carnage post, but then we’d be back to just the OP. :fume:

Nah, leave it, Bis. If Carnage don’t want to buy banners here, Kea is quite right to tell them to stop spamming us.

As a Taiwan business that may be of interest to expatriates, they have their own dedicated thread. Popping in with off-topic advertizing in arbitrary threads is the privilege of loyal sponsors. :2cents:

Sooooo … How about them Scots, hey? :whistle:

Nah, leave it, Bis. If Carnage don’t want to buy banners here, Kea is quite right to tell them to stop spamming us.

As a Taiwan business that may be of interest to expatriates, they have their own dedicated thread. Popping in with off-topic advertizing in arbitrary threads is the privilege of loyal sponsors. :2cents:[/quote]
cheers

Seems like we’re not going to have an actual rugby discussion here until someone bashes the All Blacks. :ponder: Might be time to let SatTV back in.

No! :laughing:
You never actually called for a discussion of rugby in your OP, Bis.
Anyway, I’ve only watched the ABs (missed the Convicts, the Boks & Argies), so I can’t contribute much beside sheer adoration. Fantastic test to watch, still have a grin about the fluidity of Smith clearing the ball. SBW created acres of space for the wings and Izzy (who was near his best again despite fluffing a try or two), Read is one of the best players in the world, Retallick (young Lurch) was suitably buried in the tight, Carter sublime, McCaw ominpresent (he dominated the stats for arrivals and tackles made), and the lineout was 100%. Ireland pinched too much of our ball so well done to them on that, Kearney is decent and needs careful watching-but not as much as Savea who is finally starting to show the talent hinted at when he’d regularly dominate schoolboy rugby. Liking the way we’re mixing experience with new talent and we have 2 more talented 9’s still to have a crack. :bravo: Plus Taylor at 15, sometime.

Well done for you getting the closest to the final score + within 5 bonus, I was too conservative.

I wrote the above in 2 minutes, with a hangover, while talking on the phone and using my left butt cheek to type, but never has SatTV contributed as much to a rugby discussion. :unamused:
jimi, on the other hand, he’s all substance and erudite content :smiley:
Let’s hear about the rugby from:
Wandering
Tempogain
Lyndfield
[strike]Bismarck[/strike]
tosserpete
Schuster
jimipresley
stonybaba

I don’t think Kiki actually watches anything. And Frikkie is too busy caring for mental patients in Adelaide to be arsed with forums.

I only saw the Bok game, and I was disappointed. Sure, the weather was crap which contributed to Morne Steyn leaving 7 points on the table, but there were two lucky tries for the Boks, and England really shouldn’t have scored that last one. I felt, other than the scrums and some set pieces (the forwards were much better, the backs looked lacking and without imagination IMVHO), the Boks were unconvincing and were they to play the All Blacks or even Australia this weekend they would be in for a bit of a hiding. They’re going to seriously need to get their shit together before the unofficial World Cup (Four Nations, or whatever it’s going to be called now), or they’re going to be embarrassed.

Still, it’s their first game together under a new coach with little prep before hand because of the typical SA Rugby politics at work, so a win is a win, and I’ll take it. Hopefully they’ll show some improvement this weekend.

The AB’s really didn’t deserve to win this weekend and Ireland did.

Winners win, losers lose. Same with the Aussie vs Wales match.

Winners win, losers lose. Same with the Aussie vs Wales match.[/quote]
Were some close ones for the Southern Giants, but I think our three sides are a bit under cooked atm being mid-Super 15 and not having too much time to train together before these series’. I wouldn’t read too much into the margins, and I think the big three are better than what these scorelines suggest at the moment.
And you’re right about winners winning. It shows a lot of character that they’re still winning despite being under cooked and mid-Super 15. I think the results in November are going to be a lot more telling.