Russia invades Ukraine: General Discussion 2023

Well, when Russia starts having torch lit marches through the red square celebrating the birthday of some Nazi, I’ll also admit it’s as much of an issue there.

1 Like

This war must be very straightforward for people who just suck up the Russian propaganda. Let the bending over backwards begin!

I hope the Nazis beat the fascists

2 Likes

The Nazi excuse is a fact, but it’s not the real reason Russia had no choice but to go in. There are very real geopolitical and geographical reasons why Russia was left with no choice, but having radical Nazi who see Russians as ethnically sub human filth start talking about getting nuclear bombs didn’t help.

Stepan Bandera and Yaroslav Stetsko both also fought against the Nazis. Like I’ve said before, the enemy of Ukrainian independence back then was everyone, so those who fought for Ukrainian independence fought with and against everyone. It’s an enemy of my enemy is my friend until they are also my enemy situation.

Bandera was put in house arrest then in a prison in Berlin by the Nazis in 1941 and later sent to a concentration camp, hardly a hardline Nazi.

Claiming that Ukrainians were Nazis because they tried to leverage the conflict between the Nazis and the Soviets to gain independence, and even are all still Nazis for commemorating their dedication to Ukrainian independence, is like claiming that Filipinos wanted to become a colony of the US by accepting US aid during the American-Spanish War, and that they all still do by commemorating José Rizal, Emilio Aguinaldo and the other Katipunan leaders, despite having also fought the Americans during the Philippine–American War.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Ukraine thread

Well at least you’re acknowledging Ukraine is full of Nazi, which is the first step to accepting reality.

Like I said previously, I can respect a stance like the American mercenary more than someone who is completely deluded and tries bending over backwards and cartwheeling to cope with his point of view.

A stance close to the truth and still supporting Ukraine is just like is said in this video.

That Ukraine is a piece of shit, corrupt, Nazi filled, war crime committing nation, but I still support it because I’m on team America and it’s imperialism.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Overly personal posting from Ukraine

literally disproved that post before and you keep going on about it.

Although accusing someone of telling lies is not exactly against the rules, I’d like to remind everyone to calm down

No need to repost things, link back to the original and don’t be surprised if reposts are removed, thank you

1 Like

You’ve changed my mind with your incredible powers of persuasion!

Go team Putin!

2 Likes

I’m not here to give a history lesson, and people can look into it and decide for themselves, but briefly when the Ukrainians realized that the Nazi were more interested in turning Ukraine into their officers holiday resort, and wasn’t going to give them their Ukrainian ethno state in Gallacia that they worked so hard to ethnically cleanse from Jews and Poles, Banderra did get a little disolussioned and locked up just in case he got some ideas.

There are letters tho from him to Hitler while he was under arrest stating that he was actually fine with the Nazi not giving Ukraine what they wanted, and still happy to offer them his support.

An no, my Grandad was not a Partezan for the Nazi. He got medals with hammers and scicles on them, unlike the ancestors of Western Ukrainians.

An no, my Grandad was not a Partezan for the Nazi. He got medals with hammers and scicles on them, unlike the ancestors of Western Ukrainians.

and my grandad was a partezan fighting the Nazi in WW2.

Ukraine Partezan’s were engaged in guerrilla warfare against the Soviet Union, the Polish Underground State, Communist Poland, and sometimes Nazi Germany.[3] The insurgent army arose out of of the Organization of Ukrainian NationalistsBandera

keep digging that hole. “my grandpa was one of the good guys”

now we’re full circle where you admitted your grandpa was a nazi, but just not a hardcore nazi. Literally said your gaps was a partizan which implies he’s a nazi because of the post you made about how Banderas were all nazis. Then you said he wasn’t a nazi, so what is it? Just label whoever you want a nazi? the mental gymnastics.

Can you link to these posts?

@TT

1 Like

Seems pretty consistent that grandpa was a partezan against the German Nazis, not for them, and got soviet medals for his trouble

There could also be partezans fighting the soviets

How the Bandera thing factors in, I’m not sure.

But I don’t see obvious lies about his grandfather here, please check again or let it go.

the fact the partizan movement in Ukraine was fighting everyone. They were nationalists. They wanted everybody out their territory, nazis, soviets, etc. so yeah, it’s horse balls.

it’s hilariously ironic that dude claims his grandfather(a bandora) wasn’t a nazi fighting the nazis. Because he was one of the GOOD guys.

BUT the current Ukrainian’s defending their homeland are ALL nazis and none of them had the choice his grandfather had during ww2 in nazi occupied territory.

The major large partisan anti-nazi movement was in Yugoslavia. Josip broz Tito of Yugoslavia fought the ustasa(nazi) and cetnik(Serbian nationalist movements in Yugoslavia.

1 Like

You don’t have to be a Nazi to be a white supremacist, but you can’t be a Nazi without being a white supremacist.

Poland occupied parts of Ukraine after the Polish Ukrainian war right after WWI, and the rest were occupied by the Soviets. So the OUN and its predecessors actually started by fighting the Poles and the Soviets back in the 1920s.

I don’t understand how driving out Polish and Russian influence from Ukraine counts as “white supremacy.” It seems like a favored Russian talking point to conflate Ukrainian Ultra-Nationalism with “white supremacy” and “Nazism”. There are definitely overlaps, but not any worse than ultra-nationalism in Russia, and it certainly wasn’t a popular political position in Ukraine prior to the 2014 or the 2022 invasions, as the main ultra-national political party wouldn’t get enough vote to even get a seat in the parliament.

2 Likes

For me, the annexation of Crimea by itself is enough to dismiss all the excuses (could find more, like Georgia and Chechnya, but not necessary). It’s a land grab, for riches and glory. The rest is distraction.

3 Likes