Russia invades Ukraine: General Discussion 2023

Lacking some ‘diversity’:

1 Like

The first link you gave was labelled as Russian state media. CNN would have to check it pretty carefully before they start parroting it, even they would look pretty silly. Not sure if you heard, but Russia invaded Ukraine…

1 Like

Could be true, wouldn’t even be surprising. Not sure what it means vis-a-vis the invasion

Oh, I see he’s a professional ‘media personality’, how interesting

Oh, and this old chestnut. There must be 500000 of them, who’s keeping track and keeping score?

I thought we established it was 300,000. Plus in addition to the 80k deployed to the front lines in the last video I linked, yesterday they were discussing 100,000 in Belarus. Seems they are sending lots of hardware and are training there for some unknown reason.

Good a time to address this, yes I have seen claims too of similar numbers KIA by the Ukrainians, but I have also seen claims (from a variety of sources) that while 120k killed and another 35k MIA on the Ukrainian side, the number of Russians killed is likely 17k to 25k with more than that inured.

But I am aware of the Ukrainian claims which western media print without question.

In case you ask, prompted at around 19.30 mark to 22.30 mark

1 Like

300000 conspiracy theories, or just the ones that haven’t come true?

I just dont see how any of these numbers can be taken seriously from any sources. How can you be so confident that your source is correct, was my point.

Like I said, it was reported on even in the west and some of the problems they had recruiting were also reported, I am not sure what part of this you think is a conspiracy theory or why.

We don’t just rely on one or two sources to reach a conclusion. The fact Russians are shelling the Ukrainians at a rate which far exceeds what the Ukranians are capable of returning has been widely reported again, even in the west. I’m not sure why given this disparity you would expect equal casualties on both sides.

Again, I generally don’t post this as a don’t want to be the bearer of bad tidings. But the truth matters instead of us posting like Baghdad Bobs on what we hope the situation is.

1 Like

Who is “we”?

I don’t, as I said:

I consider “we” in the empirical sense.

col Doug macgregor has lost touch with reality, he said russia is going to not only run over Ukraine but all of NATO in December( past that now) and he also said russia is getting stronger and better as time goes on… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

the best part about this clown is that he fought in desert storm where he himself saw the superiority of western technology against soviet tech where the United States and Allies rolled Iraq.

dude is on crack and has been saying the same gobshite for the past 6months and nothing he has ever said has materialized. He has an axe to grind.

With who?

Like I say I have heard similar number of those KIA on both sides from other sources, but I suspect you will trash those too.

If he’s said enough, I’m sure one or two things came to pass. Must be hard to see clearly with the spinning wheel and axe shavings right in the face

He was appointed by trump to be the ambassador to Germany, and was blocked by the senate. He has made quite a few racist comments. The military refused to put him in command of a tank brigade in 1997 as well. he thinks he’s targeted so he’s all in on team Putin.

Macgregor’s views on minorities, including a claim that Muslim refugees were “unwanted invaders” coming to Europe “with the goal of eventually turning Europe into an Islamic state.”

and he’s also all conspiracy mode on Soros. sound familiar?

“The largest problem of all is really a network of people like George Soros, who are committed Marxists, who see the destruction of the United States and of Western Europe as a means to an end of creating what they think will be this global society and the planet,” said Macgregor.

in 2019 on a radio show

Macgregor insisted that there were more White “slaves” in the late 1700s than African slaves in America

What does that have to do with his estimates on those KIA or others who came to same conclusions?

Just looks like you are trying to discredit the source, maybe he is worth discrediting, lots of others have come to the same conclusions though.

1 Like

the fact he’s all in on russia? as he has been openly since 2014 and before? Yes I will discredit a source like that.

Like I say, I have heard these numbers floated around by multiple sources and over the past few months.

Obviously we don’t know and can’t know for sure. But there are other indicators at play that we can use.

those numbers are hilarious. You really think those are true?

120k ukranian kia to a max of 25k russians kia? give me a break.

120k + 35 MIA likely dead is 155K most likely KIA vs 17k to 25k and you find that " hilarious"

I don’t share your sense of humour.

Yes I do find your numbers to be hilarious because they are right out the Kremlin state sponsored terror network. The reality is 100,000 have died on both sides. This isn’t lopsided if it was russia wouldn’t be struggling to get past a city that had a population of 5,000. Use your brain.

That’s why a conversation is impossible, as soon as anyone chimes in with opinions or reporting that differs from the echo chamber permitted dialog “are you a Russian?” is immediately used as an insult.

2 Likes