Russia vs. Ukraine 2024

ROFL if you believe those ukro or oryx numbers then I have a bridge to sell ya​:grin::laughing:

1 Like

Russian terminator robot, fabricated from looted Ukrainian toilets and washing machines.

3 Likes

I watch this guy’s channel, I don’t know how he can still keep doing this , he is a pretty brave fellow to be honest.

Russians in general are full of shit or just really strange I feel. They support the war, many are advocating borderline genocidal policies towards Ukraine but how many of them would be willing to fight in it. I guess this is an easy position to have when you or your kids haven’t been sent to the front yet. The city people support it because they don’t have to fight it. The country people are so poor they support so they can get a decent wage.

'when my times comes I will go and fight ’ while holding a snowboard. Yeah buddy you can volunteer today lol.

And they have a really nasty streak of ethnocentrism for a country made up of dozens of republics and peoples. Very strange place.

1 Like

I mean, not to go back to the failed Austrian painter, but “I support him, coz he made the economy better” was probably what every German would have said if street interview was a thing back around 1943, when signs of losing the war were obvious to those paying attention.

3 Likes

Right now the economy of Russia doesn’t seem too bad due to their oil revenues and huge defense spending , for many their situation has improved a lot because the average Russian lives very poorly.
The over arching feelings I get from these interviews is that Russians don’t care much about their own people’s lives nor foreigners lives. Dangerous.

Add in Trumpian dystopia Europe better ratchet up it’s own defense NOW.

2 Likes

I do it for the Jews!

They also found a great way to cut spending on the penal system, and erase unemployment!

2 Likes

I find the narrative that somehow only 1 person can keep a country in order more worrisome.

2 Likes

Human civilization is six thousand years on. What I think whenever war fever breaks out is, if instead of wasting incalculable human lives, treasure, time, and effort on war the last six thousand years, humanity had instead focused those resources on eliminating disease, hunger, poverty, homelessness, mental illness etc. Earth would be a paradise today.

So it goes.

1 Like

It’s a horrible thought, but perhaps warfare is how we’ve advanced. At least technologically.

As much as people diss on Trump he was right to scold the EU nations for not meeting their defense obligations in favor of buying cheao energy from Russia while sucking on the teat of the USA for their defense. NATO Countries are 20 years behind on their needs. When Trump predicted that under a different POTUS that Putin would do bad things he was mocked by MEP politicians.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Funny Political Pictures 2024 :smirk:

Wish the whole thing was funny.

I didn’t see this in English, but allegedly Navalny is dead

2 Likes

Was just reading and watching it on the BBC

I probably didn’t find English because I searched Nawalny instead of Navalny :rofl:

2 Likes

Apparently he couldn’t fall out the window due to the bars.

3 Likes

The new MO seems to be taking them out for a walk.

2 Likes

Putin knocks off yet another leading opposition figure.