Russkies predict collapse of America by 2010!

Wow - that’s a brazen comparison

How did he come up with that date?

Irredentism at its most hilarious.

Yes, work together like the success stories of sino-soviet cooperation.

Putin got it from this guy: Russian academic Igor Panarin. He has been saying the US will break up for some 10 years now.

[quote]California will form the nucleus of what he calls “The Californian Republic,” and will be part of China or under Chinese influence. Texas will be the heart of “The Texas Republic,” a cluster of states that will go to Mexico or fall under Mexican influence. Washington, D.C., and New York will be part of an “Atlantic America” that may join the European Union. Canada will grab a group of Northern states Prof. Panarin calls “The Central North American Republic.” Hawaii, he suggests, will be a protectorate of Japan or China, and Alaska will be subsumed into Russia.

“It would be reasonable for Russia to lay claim to Alaska; it was part of the Russian Empire for a long time.” A framed satellite image of the Bering Strait that separates Alaska from Russia like a thread hangs from his office wall. “It’s not there for no reason,” he says with a sly grin.[/quote]

From the above quote, you know this guy doesn’t know the US well. China get California or have any kind of influence? Has Panarin looked at the size of the Pacific Ocean lately? Has he looked at our demographics in the last say 30 years? California, Arizona, New Mexico and maybe Nevada would go to Mexico. That or we’ll start up the Bear Republic again.

Texas already thinks they are their own country, so they’ll probably go it alone or join the other former Confederate states. Then they’ll attack Mexico and conquer them, again.

I doubt that NY would want to be with Washington DC on anything, and without tax revenue, DC will turn back into a swamp. The EU won’t want to absorb 3 million new bureaucrats so Washington will be begging any other place to take them.

Canada can take Michigan and Wisconsin off our hands. California produces better cheese anyways. I’m sure Canada won’t mind taking on those extra “hard working” but currently unemployed union workers. I hope they don’t mind the health bill though!

Hawaii would go to Japan and Alaska would go to Canada. Panarin seems to forget that Canada is in a much better position to take over Alaska than the Russians, despite his reliance on the historical fact that we bought Alaska from them.

One should never underestimate the will and the spirit of the American people.
America will never be taken by force. The American people would put up such an insurgency that no force would be able to withstand it. In America, just about everyone is packing heat.
Like most kids, I learned how to fire a weapon before I was 10.
We may have fucked up leadership from time to time, but no force will destroy America. The people just wouldn’t stand for it. A force may gain control of a city or two, but America has just too much ground to cover, filled with well armed and well supplied people that know how to use them guns. Cut of their supplies, no problem. They will grow their own food and hunt and fish. Cut off the gas, they will make moonshine.
I’d like to see some aholes try to take Idaho, AZ, Montana, New Mexico, and Texas. Never gonna happen.

[quote=“bobl”]One should never underestimate the will and the spirit of the American people.
America will never be taken by force. The American people would put up such an insurgency that no force would be able to withstand it. In America, just about everyone is packing heat.
We may have fucked up leadership from time to time, but no force will destroy America. The people just wouldn’t stand for it. A force may gain control of a city or two, but America has just too much ground to cover, filled with well armed and well supplied people that know how to use them guns. Cut of their supplies, no problem. They will grow their own food and hunt and fish. Cut off the gas, they will make moonshine.
I’d like to see some aholes try to take Idaho, AZ, Montana, New Mexico, and Texas. Never gonna happen.[/quote]

I don’t think there will be a need for any war anyway. A few R.M.B. and a couple of ounces of gold will probably be enough to purchase a large chunk of it in not too distant a future I would think. :wink:

I think Putin may take over Chavez for having the biggest chip on his shoulder when it comes to America.

I read this a few months ago. Some of the most pathetic shit I have ever seen. I love how the US will break down nicely on geographical boundaries completely ignorant to politics within those regions. I also love how Mexico and Canada come out unscathed.

Clowns.

[quote=“sulavaca”][quote=“bobl”]One should never underestimate the will and the spirit of the American people.
I’d like to see some aholes try to take Idaho, AZ, Montana, New Mexico, and Texas. Never gonna happen.[/quote]

I don’t think there will be a need for any war anyway. A few R.M.B. and a couple of ounces of gold will probably be enough to purchase a large chunk of it in not too distant a future I would think. :wink:[/quote]

Yea, except their RMB is just paper too. China has been cooking the books as well.
The house of cards will fall because no one will be buying their shit anymore. Putin’s pissed because he’s losing like crazy on petro. Same with Chavaz. The whole world is just as guilty as Wall Street in this whole mess.

American’s will adapt and overcome, same as they always do.

Outside of oil and weapons what does Russia produce/export? Tried googling it but not much came up.

illegal caviar, gangstas and bimbos? oh, and weapons.

From the CIA World Fact Book on Russia:
Exports: $476 billion (2008 est.)
Exports - commodities:
petroleum and petroleum products, natural gas, wood and wood products, metals, chemicals, and a wide variety of civilian and military manufactures

Hmm if that happens, what will happen to my student loans and debts…?
hehe j/k

Collapse of America? Unlikely to ever to happen, atleast not now anyways

[quote=“bobl”]Yea, except their RMB is just paper too. China has been cooking the books as well.
The house of cards will fall because no one will be buying their shit anymore. Putin’s pissed because he’s losing like crazy on petro. Same with Chavaz. The whole world is just as guilty as Wall Street in this whole mess.

American’s will adapt and overcome, same as they always do.[/quote]

Agreed R.M.B. is just paper and yes, there certainly is a fair amount of book cooking, but at least China is productive and has good fundamentals like most Asian counties which will probably translate to Asian money standing in the long term when we will probably see the Brit and U.S. currencies fall under a mountain of debt and be buried for decades.

So who gets Illinois? [/insert corruption and dirty politician joke here]

[quote=“lincolnunit”]Hmm if that happens, what will happen to my student loans and debts…?
hehe j/k

Collapse of America? Unlikely to ever to happen, atleast not now anyways[/quote]

never say never, especially if you’re not here. :whistle: :smiley:

My embittered uncle -he has not been able to get new orders so he can attract buyers to sell his factory- claims US of A is headed towards civil war. He says it’s already a “police” state -meaning cops will fine his *** when he’s not wearing a setbelt or speeding.

Sigh

Haha, they are nutters. The US is - despite recent setbacks - a much richer society than either Russia or China. It’s also more coherent and stable.

Russia looks vulnerable now the oil money is gone, and China will hav eto spend there energies on social stability, now factory workers are getting laid off by the millions.

[quote=“Icon”]My embittered uncle -he has not been able to get new orders so he can attract buyers to sell his factory- claims US of A is headed towards civil war. He says it’s already a “police” state -meaning cops will fine his *** when he’s not wearing a setbelt or speeding.

Sigh[/quote]

I don’t know about “police” state but it has gotten worse with fines. They just increased parking tickets in Long Beach (where I’m from) to 45 dollars with a plan on increasing them next year to 54 dollars. Los Angeles is suffering even worse from the fall in revenue. Since they won’t cut spending by firing city workers they have to make up the revenue some how.

That being said, police already fine people for breaking the law. It’s not a new thing to get fined for speeding or not wearing your seatbelt.

I’m sorry for your uncle though. There isn’t any credit available to make big purchases. I doubt there will be a civil war though, unless President Obama starts raising taxes to cover his grand plan of remaking America.

I don’t understand in which reference you mean “rich”, as it certainly isn’t financially or economically speaking. Coherent is a bold word too considering it got itself into this mess in the first place.

I love how the critic asked if the professor was actually describing the collapse of Russia.

I don’t understand in which reference you mean “rich”, as it certainly isn’t financially or economically speaking. Coherent is a bold word too considering it got itself into this mess in the first place.[/quote]

Try to compare rural Arkansas with rural Ningxia, and tell me which place is richer or will be so in 5 years. You could compare New York and Shanghai as well and get a silimar result.

Russia is an oil based cleptocracy taking hits now the oil price is way down.

And no matter what I would not write the US off, they have been through worse.