Ruten/shopee taobao markup

Yea when you order you have to enter your Taiwan ID number, but that’s not Taobao’s requirement, that’s Taiwan custom’s requirement.

TBH, I’ve only over gone in on other people’s Taobao orders. I just remember watching them run around trying to figure out ten thousand different things and thinking the whole thing is a heck of a lot more complicated than necessary. I can accept needing to give an ID# to the TW government for customs reasons. You are importing crap from another country, afterall…

Does Taobao Taiwan have a big markup compared to ordering directly from the original site?

Taobao Taiwan still has sellers from China, so no markup apart from shipping cost and possible customs tax.

I was talking about Taiwanese seller doing drop ships and marking up the price by 3x.

The original Taobao seems cheaper still than Taobao Taiwan. And everything electric I see on Taobao is 220V, but on the Taiwan version it’s 110V.

Reading this thread made me want to try Taobao. I bought a simple $3 watch, but I got this message:
很抱歉,您的包裹因运输品类限制,超出集运收寄范围,已被顺丰集运仓拒签,请速与卖家/原快递商联系。

After some research, I think it could be because it has a battery. So, what happens next? Do they ship it again, or give me a refund?

And why would they try to send it that way if they knew it would be rejected?

Basically the sellers don’t know what the rules are and they send to a warehouse. If it contains prohibited items they reject it.

Basically it can’t be liquid, powder, or gel. They reject it whether it’s C4 or milk powder. China has weird regulations like that. It’s possible batteries are not allowed. So either ask for a refund or ask them to send you a watch without batteries.

It’s up to you to know if the item is allowed to be sent… because the prohibitions don’t necessarily apply within China.

1 Like

I decided to give it a second try and bought a cheap phone case (no batteries). After I got past paying the freight, I had to enter my ID number on Taobao and register on the EZ Way app, which I did (but not with real-name verification because foreigners still can’t). It hasn’t moved for 5 days. I tried talking to their customer service bot and it says I need to confirm real-name verification. As far as I know, I’ve done all the steps on Taobao. I don’t see anything else to click to get it moving.

Is it sea shipping or air? If something isn’t right they will call. That happened when I accidentally entered the wrong Id number

Sea. After you paid for the cargo shipping, did it take a long time to start moving again? It’s at the SF warehouse now.

Are you in the US? I don’t know anything about that.

But it’s normal for stuff to be stuck in customs for 5 days or more for sea shipping.

No, Taiwan. It’s not in customs, though. It is waiting at the cargo warehouse to be shipped.

If it was by sea getting stuck is normal. I had mine stuck for 2 weeks before I saw it (and they started charging tariff too)

Good thing about Taobao since the base price is low, so is tariff.

What does that mean?

meant I had to pay when I receive the package because there’s a tariff.

That’s different than the custom’s fee?