SA athlete to be gender tested

Or a very unfortunate woman. East German Track & Field Team?

What is most surprising about this is that Julius Malema hasn’t rushed to defend thi… oh, wait, hang on a second.

[quote]Malema said they would not allow Europeans to continue treating black people as if they were monkeys.

‘She must just give back their medal if they continue calling for her to be tested. We will give her a proper gold here in South Africa,’ he said.

Malema said there were many athletes who looked like men who had never been harassed as Semenya had been.

‘There are so many athletes who are ugly and some look like men but no one has said anything. That girl (Semenya) is nice and we support her,’ said Malema.[/quote]

int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_ … 981C813736

[quote=“Anubis”]And then there are the reactions from groups in her home country:

[quote]“This smacks of racism of the highest order. It represents a mentality of conforming feminine outlook within the white race,” the Young Communist League said in a statement.

[/quote][/quote]

I wonder if Zuma, the rapist leader of SA, finds her attractive. :laughing: He represents the left wing of the ANC and has said some pretty nasty things about certain minorities in the country. Strange that the YCL would support her, and yet the leftist leader of the whole country would probably be repulsed by her.

What was weird to me is that they said it will take weeks of not only physical tests. I mean, to me it will take a second to know. So maybe there is a bit more to it?

Why is this strange?

Why is this strange?[/quote]

Don’t Marxists and Chomskyites disdain sports in general? One would expect populist leaders to support the sports teams and stars and the commies to be anti-sport. In South Africa, everything is backed-assed backwards. :laughing:

There was some Polish sprinter who was banned for supposedly being a man. She went on to have a baby. It’s clearly a moronic process the IAAF have developed to define gender.

As a Saffa, I can tell you, by looking at her face she’s a girl. The shape and amount of flesh on her cheeks and just the general look is female. Sure, she’s no beauty queen, but you guys have obviously never seen Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, Winnie Madikazela-Mandela etc etc…
And you guys seem to forget Maria Mutola of Mozambique…

As far as female politicians go, the Italians have them:

The French have:

and

The canookistanians have:

America has:

Sadly, all SA has:

and the pick of the bunch

Fortunately, we have Charlize Theron to prove that not all Saffa women are large and…less beautiful on the outside? But she’s practically more American than a Saffa these days…

I’m weeping on the inside.

That ex-Italian stripper politico sure is a hottie. :thumbsup: I wonder if she campaigns with a pole during re-election and throws out a scented t-shirt to the crowds. :laughing:

[quote=“bismarck”]As a Saffa, I can tell you, by looking at her face she’s a girl. The shape and amount of flesh on her cheeks and just the general look is female. Sure, she’s no beauty queen, but you guys have obviously never seen Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, Winnie Madikazela-Mandela etc etc…
And you guys seem to forget Maria Mutola of Mozambique…

As far as female politicians go, the Italians have them:

The French have:

and

The canookistanians have:

America has:

Sadly, all SA has:

and the pick of the bunch

Fortunately, we have Charlize Theron to prove that not all Saffa women are large and…less beautiful on the outside? But she’s practically more American than a Saffa these days…

I’m weeping on the inside.[/quote]

This is the most horrible sexist racist post I’ve seen on here. THank goodness all SA’s aren’t like you I surely will never return home for visits.

I would love to see what you look like. I seriously haven’t been so disgusted by a post in a long time. And to think that you propably took a long time to collect all those photos and thought that you made a real funny post. I feel seriously sorry for anyone female that ever has to make contact with you because they obviously only exist for your visual pleasure (in your mind)

aaaaaaaargh!!! Please tell me you don’t teach!

[quote=“Battery9”]I would love to see what you look like. I seriously haven’t been so disgusted by a post in a long time. And to think that you propably took a long time to collect all those photos and thought that you made a real funny post. I feel seriously sorry for anyone female that ever has to make contact with you because they obviously only exist for your visual pleasure (in your mind)

aaaaaaaargh!!! Please tell me you don’t teach![/quote]

:popcorn: :popcorn: Two saffies fighting…almost more entertaining to watch than two Canuckies getting territorial.

please don’t put me into a box with that guy. I’m a South-African:)

Sexist and racist. Wow. Just because our female politicians are less attractive (I never said or insinuated ugly) than their counterparts in other parts of the world?
Reminding people that Maria Mutola was a muscly women?

The point being that just because Caster Semenya doesn’t look like a beauty queen doesn’t make her a man.

I would’ve posted a picture of (White) Helen Zille, but she’s:
a. not a cabinet level politician, and
b. I thought Winnie Mandela and Lindiwe Sisulu are much more attractive.
In fact, Winnie was very beautiful as a young woman.

Edit: damn. Another sexist and racist comment. I called a women beautiful in her younger years AND she’s not white. Shit, I really am a heel. :unamused:
Your rant reminds me of a woman in South Africa when I opened the door at the bank and indicated for her to walk first she spat out, “Ek kan die fokken deur self oop maak!”*

"I can open the f**ing door myself!"

Easy to see. I’ve posted pics here and on my blog.

Didn’t take long at all. I keep up to date on SA politics and had some easily available that I use for blogging.
The females I come into contact with IRL like me just fine. Your virtual opinion is irrelevant.

And then people wonder why we leave the country… :loco:

Yes. The typical I have a chip on my shoulder type.

You completely missed the point. They’re saying our athlete is male, looks like a guy etc etc.
I was saying she isn’t. Just because she doesn’t look like a supermodel, doesn’t make her a man.
I pointed out that non-Africans may not have adequate exposure to what some of our women look like in order to determine by a look whether Semenya is male or female. I further pointed out the stark contrast of ex-beauty queens, strippers etc who had past careers based on their physical appearances and who now cash in on that by pursuing political careers. The same can’t be said for SA female politicians, who I don’t find as attractive (once again I never said they were ugly, nor did I imply it) as some other female politicians in other parts of the world.

And if it makes me racist to say that if a person isn’t exposed to a certain racial group, you aren’t used to the variations between individuals and gender within any given group, then so be it. But if you can honestly say that when you first came here you could distinguish between Chinese, Koreans and Japanese, not to mention gender differences when a person isn’t obviously male or female, then you’re a liar or deluding yourself.
I can see how some people can think Caster is male, but if you are familiar with Southern African people, it would be obvious just by looking at her that she isn’t.

“Fortunately, we have Charlize Theron to prove that not all Saffa women are large and…less beautiful on the outside.”

you’re saying they are less beautiful. Your post made fun of the way they look in comparison to the women you posted first. Maybe you don’t see it this way. I don’t have a chip on my shoulder, I just think your post sucks. And I don’t want to be associated with you at all, hence me asking to not be called a Saffie.

ok ok ok , I read the other post. Really nice of you double checking…so yeah, I was harsh. Sorry.

No worries, B9. It’s online and lots is lost in “virtual” translation that would otherwise be noticed IRL.
I’m sure if we met outside of the forum we’d get on like a house on fire. And perhaps the way I posted wasn’t the best way to make my point, which was basically that Caster Semenya is obviously female if you know what people from our part of the world look like.

Sorry if you were offended. I didn’t mean to make fun of women in general of black women in particular.
As my grandfather always used to say, “All women are beautiful. Some are just more beautiful than others…”

[quote=“itakitez”]you dont see people looking for Yao-Ming to be banned because he’s 7ft, or bolt to be banned because he’s too fast (and actually he opitomises a genetic advantage and overcoming a genetic disadvantage 1. having short powerful muscles and 2. being too tall for 100m sprint) Or thorpe being banned because his feet are too big
[/quote]

Im glad you brought this up because I have been thinking about this myself.One thing for sure this woman was born and raised a woman.If phyisiologigal she is woman and her body NATURALLY produces more testestorone than an average woman.Why is that that an added advantage and the fact that Afro Carribeans have a strong form of the ACTN3 gene, which produces a protein in their fast-twitch muscle fibers that has been said its responsible for short, explosive bursts of action which gives them an advantage in sprinting?

Where do we draw the line when banning athletes for a genetic advantage they might have?

were these two ever gender tested???