Sababa Gong Guan

Well food lovers,

Due to your strong support, and demand for more seating space, Sababa Gong Guan is now open for business. The same menu and Middle Eastern feel as the original, with a few new items (the G-Pai Pita has been a big hit), and coming soon… breakfast. Sababa Gong Guan is the inaugural Sababa Franchise.

The address is:
Roosevelt Rd. Sec. 3, Ln 283, #17
羅斯福路三段283巷17號1樓

It’s actually an extension of Tai Shen St. which runs from Shi Da through Hsin Hai Rd to Roosevelt. Unlike the original Sababa, this one is very easy to find, and the sign stands out prominently.

The hours now are 11 am - 10 pm. When breakfast starts we’ll open at 7:30 am - 10 pm. For those that work late, phone orders will accepted until 10 pm.

I hope you continue to enjoy a little piece of the Middle East right here in Taipei.

Sababa.

泰順街

Good luck guys!

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Totally. Best of luck to you (but you don’t believe in luck, do you??? :notworthy: ). Makes me wish I still worked and lived in KK.

About these phone orders: Can I call in before 10 and pick up around 10:20?

Got a brekkie idea for you: Pocket Bennies. Cram a couple of poached eggs and some other fixings (black forest ham, salmon chunks or even the souvlaki chicken, add some tomatos and potatos) into one of your freshie pitas and douse the whole thing with a generous ladle of hollandaise or possibly tzaziki or hummous…who knows, but I’ll be happy to try out some ideas)…sababalishus!!!

BTW, love your handle PD… :wink:

Toe-Xas Hold’em

Sounds great. Looking forward to trying out the new Gongguan Sababa.

One question:

What’s the difference between the chicken souvlaki pita and the G-Pai (jipai) pita?

Another question:

Will coffee be available at breakfast?

Best of luck with the second location. I’ll be stopping in soon.

In response to questions:

1. Yes, orders can be made by 10 pm, and picked up by 10:30
  2. The G-Pai Pita is a deep fried breaded chicken breast served with lettuce, tomato and lemon sauce, where the Chicken Souvlaki is baked chicken with marinated olives, onions and yogurt sauce.
  3. Sababa Gong Guan is Open Sunday!

Thanks for support and kind words.

Sababa.

[quote=“pitadude”]Well food lovers,

It’s actually an extension of Tai Shen St. which runs from Shi-Da through Xinhai Rd to Roosevelt. Unlike the original Sababa, this one is very easy to find, and the sign stands out prominently.

The hours now are 11 am - 10 pm. When breakfast starts we’ll open at 7:30 am - 10 pm. For those that work late, phone orders will accepted until 10 pm.

I hope you continue to enjoy a little piece of the Middle East right here in Taipei.

Sababa.[/quote]

That is fantastic news. Thanks so much! The original location was just a bit too far for this Guting person. BTW, Tai shen St. is usually spelled Taishun St. 泰順街.

Wow, haven’t had good middle eastern in awhile. Wheres the nearest MRT station and how to make my way from there? Need the simplest directions possible since I am pretty new to Taiwan.

To answer more questions:

Address:
Roosevelt Rd. Sec. 3, Ln 283, #17羅斯福路三段283巷17號1樓

I tried to attach a MAP, but couldn’t do it. The nearest MRT is Taipower Building. It is also an easy walk from Gongguan station.

As for breakfast, it will start next week, and yes, there will be good coffee (bottomless) to go with your pita and eggs.

See you soon,
Pita Dude

How about a phone number for those late night joneses?

This place is great, if you want to learn how NOT to run a service business. Calling yourself Sababa PITA and running out of PITAS at 4 pm is a big nono. Its a restaurant so you sit down and wait. Nobody comes. although, three staff members are crammed into a space as big as the average taiwanese toilet at the front of the place. You read the menu. Its a “self serve” restaurant, so you have to go to the counter to order. You go to the front. You wait. No one will serve you until your are in the exact right place, then they will serve you. Then they tell you they dont have pitas. Every single time you order a new item you have to go to the front and order it, despite the fact that they have 3 people at the front. BTW, I was the only customer. However, the moroccan cigars were good. I wont go there again, but I dont think they will care. Nor, will I.

Dear customers,

In regards to Sunday, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of running out of pitas. The demand has been overhwelming, and since we hand-roll all of our pitas, we simply couldn’t keep up this weekend. Rest assured this won’t happen again. We have already hired 3 new “pita rollers” and please trust that we have learned from this mistake. Expanding will always involve growing pains. I hope the quality of our product can excuse this most recent one.

Now Sparkhill, I’m not trying to be rude here, but what part of “self-service” don’t you understand? It seems you’re caught up on the the latter part of the term. Do you walk into Subway, or KFC, or Burger King and get upset when nobody comes to your table to ask your order? (I don’t like to compare ourselves to fast food, but i feel it’s necessary to make this point) What we’ve done at Sababa is offer you a unique eating environment which provides the look, feel and quality of a real Middle Eastern retaurant, with fast food prices. 9 out of 10 people understand and appreciate this concept, but there is always one. Granted, if there are 3 people working, and only one customer, you should get better service. We’ll address this issue at the next training.

By the way, breakfast started today. The hours of breakfast will be Mon-Fri, 7:30 - 11 am; Sat & Sun 11 am - 3 pm

And the phone number for the late night “Jones” is 2363-8009.

Thank you for patience and support,
Sababa Management

Dear Pitadude,

First of all, let me say the products you offer are fresh and delicious. That said, I would like to go back to your establishment and see a sign clearly stating: ORDER AND PAY HERE FIRST, or at least SELF-SERVICE.
After visiting your store once, NOW I understand you mean to offer an experience a la Ikari, Subway, etc… However, the setup in your restaurant and the lack (or maybe could not see them clearly) of those signs confuses your patrons. This is very unfortunate since, as I said before, your stuff is really good, but remember: there is no second chance for first impressions. First time visitors feel annoyed, to say the least.
When me and my friends walked in your store, we expected to be served by a waiter, as there was no CLEAR indication leading me to think otherwise. Your decoration is really pretty, but I am afraid both you and me made assumptions based on the setup. I see it and think: service will come to my table, but you want me to go to the counter. This leads to a waste of time and business, and really, a BIG sign is not much to ask, is it?
Wishing you great success and many more pitas to come.

[quote=“Icon”]Dear Pitadude,

First of all, let me say the products you offer are fresh and delicious. That said, I would like to go back to your establishment and see a sign clearly stating: ORDER AND PAY HERE FIRST, or at least SELF-SERVICE.
After visiting your store once, NOW I understand you mean to offer an experience a la Ikari, Subway, etc… However, the setup in your restaurant and the lack (or maybe could not see them clearly) of those signs confuses your patrons. This is very unfortunate since, as I said before, your stuff is really good, but remember: there is no second chance for first impressions. First time visitors feel annoyed, to say the least.
When me and my friends walked in your store, we expected to be served by a waiter, as there was no CLEAR indication leading me to think otherwise. Your decoration is really pretty, but I am afraid both you and me made assumptions based on the setup. I see it and think: service will come to my table, but you want me to go to the counter. This leads to a waste of time and business, and really, a BIG sign is not much to ask, is it?
Wishing you great success and many more pitas to come.[/quote]

Big signs always help. :laughing:

For a map to the place, go to www.urmap.com and copy this address into the textbox at the very top.

台北市羅斯福路三段283巷17號1樓

[quote=“flute”]For a map to the place, go to www.urmap.com and copy this address into the textbox at the very top.

台北市羅斯福路三段283巷17號1樓[/quote]

Hmm would help if the road names were in pin ying. :frowning:

Thanks for letting me know the nearest MRT but what are the walking directions from the MRT? Are there walking directions from Guting MRT?

I’m a huge fan.

Just one suggestions: can you make the pita wraps so that they don’t break so easily? Sometimes I end up eating the contents out of the basket using a fork. :s

Still all good, though. :slight_smile:

Since we seem to be ragging on Sababa, I’d just like to say that the staff could be a bit less nice. I’m going to get fat as a pig if they don’t start being a bit more sullen.

And a bit too gorgeous too. Damn them.

I would like to know if the food at Sababa is Kosher.

And a bit too gorgeous too. Damn them.[/quote]

Very good looking. =)

Went there today for lunch… and went back to bring some back for dinner haha.

Were you at the gongguan store today Pitadude?

Oh yeah. The food was good but the hummus is a little garlic heavy… ever thought of hummus with a little less garlic? just not a big fan of garlic