Sad Development, No More Beer at Sushi Express?

The last three I have been in no longer serve that great dry Asahi beer that goes so well with sushi. I am speechless.

Yep. True. I went to a Sushi Express the other day and since the wife was driving, figured I’d enjoy a nice cold beer with my sushi. “So sorry, we don’t serve beer anymore.”
:thumbsdown:

any reason why? Maybe hardly anyone was ordering them? Or now they need a license ?

License? Laws? In Taiwan?!?!?!? :roflmao:

What other restaurant has a can of beer for NT$30? :neutral:

Exactly. They were selling the small cans of Asahi super dry (45NT in 7-11) at a ridiculous price. There seems to be a lack of lateral thinking on their part surrounding how to get around this problem (two plates?), but I would guess that the reason for dropping it was they were losing money.

I tried to send them an email suggestion but their website requires too much personal information (phone numbers, etc.) in order to communicate with them.

Alllllrighty then…you bunch of heartless bastards! Beer talk…beer talk…fine…fine and dandy. Look what y’all have made me go and done! I’ve stopped drinking my Starbucks coffee outta mine special Seattle Starbucks mug and now I’m drinking Asahi Super Dry in the office at my work station. Happy now? :raspberry:

That is so out of order.

We were just talking about it - you’ve shown a picture :fume:

Now I’m going to have to pop down Family Mart and buy a couple of the big cans. Might post a picture of those to make you jealous :raspberry:

It’s 8:40 am here… I couldn’t socially buy those beers even if they sold them.

[quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]Alllllrighty then…you bunch of heartless bastards! Beer talk…beer talk…fine…fine and dandy. Look what y’all have made me go and done! I’ve stopped drinking my Starbucks coffee outta mine special Seattle Starbucks mug and now I’m drinking Asahi Super Dry in the office at my work station. Happy now? :raspberry:

[/quote]

Great, bring them over to the nearest sushi express.

You see. Leaving Taiwan is a big mistake. Any time of the day or night beers are available, and I believe that it’s perfectly socially acceptible to drink them.

Ahhhhhhh…that hit the spot! Pouring #2 for your viewing enjoyment!

You see. Leaving Taiwan is a big mistake. Any time of the day or night beers are available, and I believe that it’s perfectly socially acceptible to drink them.[/quote]

I have a 24 hour beer off near my house, but it’s not OK to drink them at 9 am… sadly.

You see. Leaving Taiwan is a big mistake. Any time of the day or night beers are available, and I believe that it’s perfectly socially acceptible to drink them.[/quote]

I have a 24 hour beer off near my house, but it’s not OK to drink them at 9 am… sadly.[/quote]

That’s a clear micro-aggression. Beer can be bought 24-7, but it can’t be drunk.

just pretend that you’re still going on the night before, then it’s perfectly alright.

Or do the beer on your muesli thing: breakfast of champions! (Wel, you should use stout for that, but we’ll make an exception for the lightweights around this joint.)

Associated Teishoku 8 restaurants have also removed their 30nt Asahi beer. Both of which (at the branches I went to) will allow you to bring your own beer in though if you ask but it may depend on the manager/your customer loyalty rating.

Couldnt they just charge 50nt for each can then? Or thats way too much out of the box thinking? OR maybe a riot would ensue?

sdfhasdkjf;lsafkjH!!! it’s 9 am here, why did I have to click this thread… :frowning:

[quote=“Pein_11”][quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]
Ahhhhhhh…that hit the spot! Pouring #2 for your viewing enjoyment!

[/quote]

sdfhasdkjf;lsafkjH!!! it’s 9 am here, why did I have to click this thread… :frowning:[/quote]

Don’t worry! Lunchtime is coming soon!