Safe Food?

Where can i find vegetables which haven’t been swimming in chemicals?

Where can i find milk that is actually milk?

Where can i find a supply of food that is not tainted in some way or another?

There must be coops, vegans etc that buy direct from a trusted source.

There must be people who independently test their food.

Who has contacts?

Thanks

Look for the bottle that says “鮮奶” on it instead of “牛乳”. The second one is not really milk, although they will probably both have the English word “milk” written on them.

Run a search for the organic threads here, and for Fourway milk.

costco has been selling imported california milk. i don’t know if it’s hormone free though.

Thanks to DB for all the useful info he has posted over the many years about this.

But, i live in Tainan and Fourways seems to only deliver to and north of Taichung.

Anyone, any options for organic/hormone-free milk in Tainan?

TIA

UJ

Yup, as much as I like to eat locally, the thought of imported stuff and carbon foot prints bothered me. Until all this fake oil, tainted rice, expired this and that came out. It’s not I don’t want to support the local farmers and eat fantastic local fruit and veggies, these food scandals are getting so old and makes Taiwan look so third world. Sad.

UJ, check out chuluranch.com for deliveries in the south. Some stores carry them in the Big Concrete (Taipei), but I think their ranch is in tai doing, so maybe more popular south of here.

There are tonnes of organic food suppliers in Taiwan, ask a local to help or go to a farmers market and make contacts.

We’re choosing imported over locally made foods and drinks every time now. It’s just a shame that it has come to this.

When we eat out (several times a week), we try to choose slightly more upscale restaurants and maybe restaurant chains that would have something to lose if they were found to be using sub-standard ingredients.

[quote=“marasan”]We’re choosing imported over locally made foods and drinks every time now. It’s just a shame that it has come to this.

When we eat out (several times a week), we try to choose slightly more upscale restaurants and maybe restaurant chains that would have something to lose if they were found to be using sub-standard ingredients.[/quote]

Problem is that the restaurants and products involved are not the cheap ones. They paid top dollar for what they thought was reliable product. As to what to lose, not much, I’m afraid. A bit of face. That’s all. Business as usual.

I guess best bet so far is support local organic cooperatives, you can subscribe to their weekly or monthly deliveries of veggies and fruits and milk. And buy international, known, hopefully unadulterated processed products, such as oil and pasta and such.

And a bread machine, with imported Japanese flour.

[quote=“Icon”]Problem is that the restaurants and products involved are not the cheap ones. They paid top dollar for what they thought was reliable product. As to what to lose, not much, I’m afraid. A bit of face. That’s all. Business as usual.

I guess best bet so far is support local organic cooperatives, you can subscribe to their weekly or monthly deliveries of veggies and fruits and milk. [/quote]

I’ll have to look into the delivery of organic products. With the restaurants, that’s very tricky. Maybe more and more “safe” restaurants will start popping up. It all makes me sick to my…well you know!

Thanks 914

Will check it out and post on what they have and where they deliver.

UJ