Safeguarding issue - how to resolve

The PE teacher in my school (my co teacher) has really inconsistent discipline and occasionally explodes on the children depending on her mood. I wish I’d been detailing her behaviour more regularly, but I’m not even sure it’s worth while.

Today two of the 6 year olds were not paying attention so she brought them to the front of the PE class to perform activities. Then she sent me away with the rest of the class. She was alone with the boys for 15 minutes and when I returned she was filming them (fully clothed) but making them repeat exercises and the tone was harsh. It looked pretty humiliating and it made me super uncomfortable. I have attempted to talk to her about what she was doing but she isn’t very communicative and just told me that she was teaching them respect.

One of the boys in question is the principles son and the PE teacher loathes the principle and I really suspect she was filming this ‘discipline’ incident to make a video to laugh at the principles kid with the clique of teachers who despise the principle… They’re a pretty nasty clique in the school…

I’m at a loss of who to turn to or even how to approach this incident.

Please advise.

How are you involved with the instruction of this class?

tell the principal and grab a bowl of popcorn

are you someone who easily feels uncomfortable though?

This doesn’t seem to extreme to me. Respect is paramount in Taiwan. No one I know attempts to practice positive discipline on the island. It’s about bowing down and doing what you are told. Old school stuff.

Thanks for the replies folks, I’ve logged it and spoken to people higher up and hopefully the co-teacher will be taken off the PE class soon.