Safest cinema in Taipei?

Yeah, yeah, Auntie Panic wants to see Daniel Craig’s ass in all its glory and wants to find a “safe” movie theater, with few people, safe distancing and hopefully working ventilation.

Watching movies without popcorn is gonna be a drag.

1 Like

I went to see it in miramar neihu, mid week evening was very quiet with less than 20 people in the theater

Are there any dangerous theatres anywhere in taiwan? If anything, their food and washrooms are the only dangerous aspect.

I have never been, or heard of anyone feeling threatened at a movie. Nor going to/leaving one.

4 Likes

I took it to mean safe regarding Covid exposure

3 Likes

Ohhh, ok i see now.

I think the proper answer for that then is called Xanax…

5 Likes

Or: Netflix and chill. :upside_down_face:

Guy

1 Like

Is that in the movie? Didn’t notice in the ads.

Mid day during the week most any place except or maybe even Xinyi will be low attendance.

1 Like

Well putting aside the fact there has been no local cases for a long time now. My suggestion is to focus on the showing time rather than location. Go when people are at work and wait a few weeks for the demand to drop.

3 Likes

I watched the first show the day it came out and there were only a dozen or so people in the movie theatre.

Can you book your specific seats ahead of time at all of the theaters these days? You can at Vieshow anyway. That’s one way to help keep more distance. Sit at the front? I’m unsure what’s theoretically safer: front, with more distance, but everyone breathing towards you; or back, with less distance, but you’re breathing on them. (I suspect with seven and a half hours or however long this darn movie is, no difference in diffusion across the cinema anyway.)

As others have said, if you have the option, go midday, midweek. Choose a bigger theater if there’s a way to do that. Have you got any vacation days booked up? Maybe take one and treat yourself to a nice non-busy-restaurant lunch too. It’s not as if most of us have had a chance to travel this year, so I’m guessing there are a lot of vacation days booked up on this island!

I have never seen any information about ventilation in Taiwan. Maybe it’s out there, and it’s the sort of thing that may and perhaps should become a selling point in the future, but I haven’t seen it.

But really, if you’re that worried, I don’t think you should go. I do think a sparsely populated theater is quite safe at the moment - but if you’re going to be too tense, you’re not going to enjoy it, so wait to see it at home. Not criticizing at all; everyone’s got their comfort level. But consider whether you’d be too tense to have fun.

I usually did this before COVID to avoid the crowds and used the online booking to choose a nice seat.

Has anyone heard of a VIP theater in Neihu or Fuxing? I remember vaguely reading about it. Private balcony style.

And for the record, this week I went to the supermarket for the first time since, according to Google, November 2020.

OK, that’s going too far! You still need food!

Guy

1 Like

That’s why we got home delivery and internet orders. Not to mention UBEREATS.

My neighborhood DVD store kicked the bucket. I think there is only one left in all Xindian. That would be my last resort.

1 Like

Rapists’ favourite cinema!

I think this one closed but don’t know if temporary or permanent or covid or what

1 Like

Ah big bowls of popcorn… Sigh…

Kao has 2座GOLD CLASS影廳 62個座位 (62 seats with dinner pre COVID), maybe some in your area. I went here before. Is nice but costs more.

2 Likes

Given the multiple significations of that word, perhaps consider using “K-town” if you like to abbreviate in a way forumosans can follow, especially in a thread on Taipei!

Guy

1 Like

I am starting to miss the good old days when stinky tofu and fried chicken were allowed in theaters…

1 Like

With zero local transmissions per day nationwide, I’d say they’re all equally safe.