Safety for women in Taiwan

Really? Damn… I knew I was some sort of misfit… I never talked to anyone here who condones it… I guess I’m really outside this culture.

4 Likes

I used to work in a bunch of trading companies. It’s the sort of thing sales guys will tell you with a wink whilst standing at the urinal. The sort of guys who drive fast cars around north Taiwan at the weekend. I dunno. It is what it is.

1 Like

Aaah. The assholes…? I’m not sure how ingrained in this culture to race cars is. Does it happen? yes, unfortunately, annoyingly enough yes. Is it socially accepted or promoted, or even considered normal? hmmm… maybe tolerated in the sense that I’d like to see cops taking action more often.

Now that we are on the topic. What are your thoughts on “rape culture” and the black community in USA? or rape culture and the Middle East?

Most young women here I’ve met have never been to a night club or want to go to one. What does that tell you?

1 Like

That this society is more conservative and/or has a different concept of having fun.

Interesting. What is the Taiwanese version of having fun

Going shopping in Ikea or Costco just for the air conditioning and the food on Sundays.

6 Likes

Raping?

Are you saying they’re saying you can rape someone or are they joking around like “she wants the D!”

What is the “D”?

It tells me you need to get out more :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It would also tell me that the population sample @the_bear is using as a reference is not representative at all of the TW average gal and lad.

1 Like

I know nothing about those cultures. How could I?

But I know about Kiwiland. That’s a pretty rapey place. Come to think of it probably more rapey than Taiwan. My first ever girlfriend was raped when she was 12 by a guy she was baby sitting for. Several other girls I went out with were victims of sexual assault.

I’m not using a population sample ffs. I’m talking about personal experience. And no, I don’t uniquely mix with some sort of cohort of underworld types. I’m not Jake the Muss. (cue @Rocket meme)

1 Like

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GiganticCalmAfricanaugurbuzzard-max-1mb.gif
:notworthy:

1 Like

It’s probably very safe to avoid the places where people go to touch other people. :slight_smile: I enjoy going out for a drink or two but need to remain in control. I never accept a drink that I didn’t buy or see made myself. I’ll enjoy drinking much more than a drink or two with people I know I can trust.
I’ll probably be attacked for this viewpoint but prefer being safe over being right.

2 Likes

That’s my point. These young women are making the choice to be safe. That go to these places and get touched when they didn’t invite the toucher

1 Like

No. Where’s the evidence for that?

How’s your comprehension?