Safety gear at work

Now this morning I saw something I’ve only seen before when I was child, and that was in a playground sand pit … playing barefoot in the sand … today although it was serious, this guy was shoveling sand and probably running around on the construction site … yes barefoot … talking about preventing work related accidents … jeez … at least he could wear blue plastic slippers than he would have been protected from rusting nails lying around

Sorry, but construction sites are playgrounds here. Did you never notice the very serious warnings? The following one is the most serious one I’ve seen so far. I’ll post the ones with the “Beware of falling objects” (where the comic guy is running away from the falling stones) and “Authorized Personal Only” soon.

Lets say, if you saw the sign below as a kid. What would you do?

Safety in Taiwan… How about this one: photo was taken last week by a friend in Hsinchu City at the new highway exit that is under construction (between Gongdaowu Rd and Guangfu Rd).

[quote=“marcelk”]Safety in Taiwan… How about this one: photo was taken last week by a friend in Hsinchu (Xinzhu) City at the new highway exit that is under construction (between Gongdaowu Rd and Guangfu Rd).

[/quote]

Hey, thats near my home :wink:

In fact the other photo I made is close to that place.

heh heh. I was a hoe operator a while back and the boss (drunk) wanted to go into the hole I was digging to look for mammoth tusks. He wanted to ride in the bucket as well. I refused and got fired. He came and asked me what happened to me the next day, though. I guess he forgot he fired me.

That’s just so dangerous it’s not funny. even a small bump or wind or whatever could have that bucket rattling around to a degree that you or I could not hang on to…OK, it is kinda funny…

Construction workers do amazingly stupid things here with little or no safety gear, like hardhats, steel toes boots, gloves, safety lines, long sleeved shirts, pants, sense…

My recent favorite was a guy going full speed down the road on his sooter and not even using his rear view mirror! :noway:
IF he had; he’d of noticed that his father who was being towed in a wheelchair, was swerving almost out of control :bravo:

Two construction site-related things happened to me:

1. My cell rang while I was on my scooter and I stopped in an alley and was nearly killed by a falling beam. Nobody said ,“Sorry, are you OK?”
  2. A large piece of plastic sheeting blew away from a site and onto my scooter. It could have caused and accident.
  3. Not as serious was the place across my flat where they spilt cement onto my scooter without cleaning it up. Once I also found construction workers using my scooter as a lounge.

[quote=“AAF”]Two construction site-related things happened to me:

1. My cell rang while I was on my scooter and I stopped in an alley and was nearly killed by a falling beam. Nobody said ,“Sorry, are you OK?”
  2. A large piece of plastic sheeting blew away from a site and onto my scooter. It could have caused and accident.
  3. Not as serious was the place across my flat where they spilt cement onto my scooter without cleaning it up. Once I also found construction workers using my scooter as a lounge.[/quote]

More “funny” construction site signs. I think Taiwan is the only country who got them.

flickr.com/photos/mrtang/set … 171545904/

I think they get their warning sign style from the Japanese. Google “Japanese warning signs” and you’ll see some cute ones.
You might find some on www.engrish.com also.