Salsa for Nachos

I can’t find it anywhere… I want nachos so badly!

allrecipes.com/Recipes/Appetizer … a/Top.aspx

great-salsa.com/salsa-recipes.html

I think most Welcome supermarkets have salsa. I like the fresh local salsa for sale at Costco.

The fresh local salsa mentioned above is fabulous. Reasonable price, too - around $135, I think, for something like 500g. Smaller size available at Jason’s, but it is so good that the regular size from Costco works for me. The salsa company Fabrica Tortilla also sells tortillas.

When our local Wellcome suddenly stopped carrying salsa, we found a simple recipe at food.com and made our own. It was really easy and awesome!

Um, chopped tomatoes, onion, chili and a crushed garlic, throw in some pepper and salt and maybe a few torn basil leaves? How can those ingredients be difficult to find in Taiwan? Unless, perhaps, you maybe don’t own a bowl.

Basil? In salsa? Surely you jest. Cilantro all the way.

I also like the fresh salsa at Costco, and it’s a great deal.

Another vote for the local salsa at Costco. It’s fresh, good, and the containers are really convenient for reuse.

Cilantro? I might stoop to some coriander… :slight_smile:

Yeah, just can’t bring myself to call it coriander…too much Mexican influence in me. :slight_smile:

Culantro. We call it culantro. The Spanish from Spain call it perejil, but they also call computers ordenador and celulares go by a movil monicker there. :loco: :laughing:

Urodacus, en el nombre del Cielo, you’re killing me, man. :astonished: Garlic and basil?! I beg to differ. :stuck_out_tongue:

To the OP: try looking for chimichurri recipes.

Well, it seems that one man’s tomato bruschetta recipe is NOT another woman’s salsa recipe. And to think, I’d never have known the difference without allyour help :stuck_out_tongue:

Icon, I’ve always heard the word perejil used to refer to parsley. Not sure if it does double duty for cilantro, too.

No cilantro here please. Makes me want to vomit! Garlic? Yes. I also threw in a packet of crushed red pepper from Pizza Hut. I like a bite, but not “hot”. My innards are getting too old for much heat.

Same here. Can’t stand the stuff.
Mind you, the cilantro here does seem less overpowering than the stuff back there…

Agreed. Cilantro overwhelms everything. I have the same problem with green bell peppers. Use it and it’s all you bloody taste.

Costco also has large bottles of organic salsa (Kirkland brand) that isn’t bad.

Can anybody tell me where in the store I should look for this fresh salsa? I’m going to be making a trip there later this week. I’m eager to try it after reading all of these good reviews.

Whaddaya mean there should be no garlic in salsa? maybe that’s why i find those pre-made ones in jars mostly woossy watery affairs, with no taste bar a touch of coriander leaves and thin tomato.

Can anybody tell me where in the store I should look for this fresh salsa? I’m going to be making a trip there later this week. I’m eager to try it after reading all of these good reviews.[/quote]

My worst answer is I forget. My best is that it’s around the cheese section (where the cheese is in low open freezers not the tall closed class cases). Essentially it’s a chilled product so it’s not in the regular aisles but where the other chilled stuff is (but not the chilled stuff in tall glass fridge cases).