Salt water Fish Tank

Well guys, i have always wanted to have a salt water aquarium, but because i know its hard to have a balanced environment i never took the chance…
now i am getting into it again, but this time i will carry on with my idea !!!
please if you have equipment for salt water tanks (or even a salt water tank or any kind of tank that is not so bad looking, bigger than 10 gallons) that you want to sell or get ride off, let me know…
besides that, if you have some knowledge about salt water tanks and fish your ideas and thoughts are great for me !!!

It seems Forumosans dont know a thing about salt water tanks… interesting… i will be posting here all the things that i do when getting the tank prepared and so on… just to show people what to do and not to do… that is if i remember to do so lol…
worst case i am really planing on vloging the process so i might just post here later where the videos are :grandpa:

I did it for a while, it was a lot of fun. Gets to be a bit of a pain though. Salt tends to collect on nearby items. Keep that algae under constant control, it’s nasty when it gets out of control. I changed to fresh water now.

Nice to know, what kind of tank~equipment did you have?

well… as i can see that some people actually checked this forum then i will make an update…
i havent got a thing yet, but i am going out tonight to check some more things, and maybe tomorrow i will make my first move…
i didnt know that there was so much reading to do for Saltwater tanks… and i am not even close to be ok to go… but i think most of people learns as they go… so i will move slowly to be able to read and study more as i go into this hobby !!

hey if i actually get good at this and someone needs any help in the future let me know !!! i might even sell coral frags … if i learn how to do that lol

A small cheap one. Five gallon I guess. Cheap filter.

Update: so i went and bought a tank, its about 40 gallons, and the stand has a sump that i estimate to support about 20 gallons more, so total its a 60 gallon system… the lights are 2x55W, the main pump is an eihem +3000… i am not sure if that is how u spell the name ;p … i have another pump for the skimmer, a rio 1100 i think, and a rio 600 for the water flow on the main tank… a few other things for testing water and stuff like that…
well i will update when i actually set the tank lol

It sounds like you’ve done your research and are well on your way. I’ve never done marine, but I looked into starting a tank before. You could also look into refugiums and RDSB to control nitrates (the main reason behind algae blooms) and also an auto-topoff system to control salinity.

… and make sure that your cycle is complete before adding any fish. Good luck and keep us posted!

hahaha… it has been a long time… i am still into my tank but it crashed… now i am working on it again, i will probably upgrade it to a 90G display tank…
anyone into the hobby? its nice to see some reefers out there… it is a very nice hobby !!! if you want to get into it and need some help let me know