Sample buxiban contract

Does anyone have a simple 1-page sample buxiban contract that has just the required information for the CLA on it?

Buxibans have contracts? :astonished:

Cram schools will ALWAYS have 1 ‘full’ copy of the contract in CHINESE,
and one in a more simplified - usually 1-side A4 - ENGLISH contract.
The contract in English is littered with fines to you if you break any of the regulations, etc.

You have to sign some sort of contract so the Bushiban can apply for a work permit.

In it should include your hourly pay, days holiday, work schedule and a few other things.

If it does have anything about fines or holding back money then they would be a bit foolish as this would be proof that they are breaking the law.

[quote=“bigal”]
If it does have anything about fines or holding back money then they would be a bit foolish as this would be proof that they are breaking the law.[/quote]

I’m sorry but have you ever read a buxiban contract before?

From what you say above, I think not.

The Chinese contract isn’t necessarily the same as the English contract, my friend. They know that you will assume that to be the case, but it isn’t always so. They can submit the Chinese contract. No one will bother to read the English contract. They are in no danger of being caught breaking the law. They will get away with it every time, too, unless the big nose knows enough to take them to the labor counsel.

Indeed. The foreigner really has no choice but to sign it if they want the job. Dime a dozen as far as they are concerned.

Yep, read a few in my time, written a few as well.

Never had a foreigner sign a Chinese contract and I’ve never put penalties in.

But I wish I had. Every teacher who I have hired or my friends have hired have been treated fairly and honestly. I have gone out of my way to help alot of them and even help foreign teachers that I haven’t hired. And I would say nearly half of them have turned out to be, well I don’t know how quite to describe them, but most did a runner for some reason or other.

Why are those fines there? Because the bushibans are fed up of foreigners abusing the system. You may think differently. Ok

You want to change it? Then don’t sign or ask for it to be changed. You don’t have to sign. Go in and do a good job and show that a foreigner can be responsible.

I stood up and I am trying to change it but then I get shafted 50% of the time.

What happened to the rest of the conversation?