Sample Forum Alert Bulletin (Digest version)

[quote]Send Alert-open mailing list submissions to
alert-open-forumosa.com@bulletins.forumosa.com

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
bulletins.forumosa.com/listinfo. … rumosa.com
or, via email, send a message with subject or body ‘help’ to
alert-open-forumosa.com-request@bulletins.forumosa.com

You can reach the person managing the list at
alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than “Re: Contents of Alert-open digest…”

Today’s Topics:

1. Foreign and Taiwanese male friends? (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  2. Foreign and Taiwanese male friends? (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  3. Foreign and Taiwanese male friends? (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  4. Music right now? (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  5. GM food - my opinion (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  6. Foreign and Taiwanese male friends? (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  7. Comments by French politician Alain Madelin in DC (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  8. One article on the subject (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  9. The actor you hate and why? (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  10. American Foreign Policy Sucks! (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  11. American Foreign Policy Sucks! (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  12. Foreign and Taiwanese male friends? (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  13. The GM Food Debate. (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  14. American Foreign Policy Sucks! (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  15. Foreign and Taiwanese male friends? (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  16. American Foreign Policy Sucks! (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  17. The GM Food Debate. (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  18. 2 things (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  19. The GM Food Debate. (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  20. Re: Various Comments (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  21. Has Germany Learned Its Lesson? (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  22. The GM Food Debate. (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  23. Glad you liked it (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  24. Willy and Sly (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)
  25. The GM Food Debate. (alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com)

To:
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 06:35:47 UT
From: alert-open-forumosa.com-admin@bulletins.forumosa.com
Subject: [Alert Open] Foreign and Taiwanese male friends?
Reply-To: admin@forumosa.com

.:: PLS DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE ::.

------------ ADVERTISEMENT -------------

Recommend your favorite Taiwan-oriented website so Forumosa.com can exchange banners
with them – refer them to admin@forumosa.com

FORUM : Open Forum

AUTHOR : scchu
URL : forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?p=73439#73439
SUBJECT : Foreign and Taiwanese male friends?
RATE IT : forumosa.com/3/rating.php?p=73439

Many good points made in this thread. I thought I could contribute my thoughts to
the pool…
[/quote]

This is followed by full text print outs of each post listed above. The Forum Digest Alerts are set up to send to you ONCE a day, UNLESS >88KB is accumulated. In this case, the current digest is sent to you, and we start over collecting more postings. The Open Foum Digest tends to arrive 4 to 6 times daily, and each issue normally includes 40 postings

Terrific!

Am I the only idiot here who doesn’t have the foggiest notion what this is about?

I too don’t understand.

Gus has set up a system which will periodically email all of the new posts to you, in “digest” form (batched up with forty or so per email, typically separated by a line of dashes ----- between each post).

This way, you don’t have to use the web to look at the forums, wading through a bunch of old replies and trying to figure out how much of the thread you’ve already seen. You can see just what was added, and only fire up a web browser if you want to post a reply.

I’m curious as to how it handles people editing their posts, though.

Does it work with Linux?

Umm, does e-mail work with Linux? :unamused: :unamused:

I know. I just had this picture of the Penguin and I was itching to use it. Sorry, it was a wasted post. Just fooling around.