San Ming Jr

Here’s a rant I thought about on my way to work this morning.

Why does the ROC continually use the national anthem “The Three Principles Of The People” (San Ming&#8230 when the ROC government resembles nothing of Sun Yat Sen’s ideas for running a state.

If we are to follow his teachings, shouldn’t the government be less complex.

Are the 3 principles something people just like to aspire to and do not want to put into practice?

Also shouldn’t they change that ugly looking ROC flag for something that looks better? The 12 prongs on it look like a weapon of torture and also this torture implement is the KMT symbol.
This always implies to me before that the KMT own the ROC, as their party’s flag is on the National Flag.

What does the red background mean on the flag. A Taiwanese told me, if you invert the flag, the little blue corner represents the repressive KMT and the red, good ole’ communist China. (old joke)

As is the reason Lee Dung Huei was made president. CKS’s son (Kiang jin Guo) was dying on the bed. His officials kept asking him who should we replace you with?
Just as Kiang Jin Guo(forgive my spelling) was about to shuffle off the mortal coil, he said in his best Mainland China Chinese “Ni Deng Ei Hu Er” – Wait a moment … and then died. His officials then said “oh he wants Lee Tung Huei”

I was also very annoyed that the EU voted not to issue A-Bian a visa.

Surely the EU could stand up to China, as they are a big enough trading block, instead of pandering to China

Sun Yat-sen based his idea of revolution on three principles: nationalism, democracy, and equalization. These three principles, in fact, were elevated to the status of basic principles: the Three People’s Principles.

1. The first of these held that Chinese government should be in the hands of the Chinese rather than a foreign imperial house.
    (one for Taiwan, one for PRC)

2. Government should be republican and democratically elected.
    (two for Taiwan, one for PRC)

3. Finally, disparities in land ownership should be equalized among the people, wealth more evenly distributed, and the social effects of unbridled capitalism and commerce should be mitigated by government. The latter principle involved the nationalization of land; Sun believed that land ownership allows too much power to accrue to the hands of landlords. In his nationalization theory, people would be deprived of the right to own land, but they could still retain other rights over the land by permission of the state.
    (two for Taiwan, two for PRC)

It appears that Taiwan and PRC are tied in upholding Sun’s principles. Neither one upholding all 3. However, both nations claim Sun as their national father, and both revere his principles.
Perhaps if PRC were to uphold principle 2-democracy, reunification may be in order. Unfortunately, the present powers do not feel the Chinese are ready to exercise their power to vote, even 75 years after his death.

quote:
Also shouldn’t they change that ugly looking ROC flag for something that looks better? The 12 prongs on it look like a weapon of torture and also this torture implement is the KMT symbol. This always implies to me before that the KMT own the ROC, as their party’s flag is on the National Flag.

What does the red background mean on the flag?
A Taiwanese told me, if you invert the flag, the little blue corner represents the repressive KMT and the red, good ole’ communist China. (old joke)

The national flag that is being used by Taiwan or the ROC of today, IS the flag that was first used by the " Republic of China" founded under Dr Sun Yat Sen in 1911. The capital of the then ROC was in NanJing (China).

The flag is by no means the property of the KMT party!! KMT just happened to be the majority party of China’s first republic.

(My guess is this “Poo” must be from another galaxy, like Klingon maybe and “Alien” surveyed the planet with her craft around the time of the great revolution - 1911 )

In Chinese the ROC flag is described as:
Qing Tian Bai Ri Man Di Hung.
which roughly means Blue sky, Bright Day , the earth is full of Red.

In other words the “12 prongs torture instrument” as referred by Poo is actually meant to be the SUN, like how children would draw the sun in a kindergarten with many points (12 ?).

(gee… torture instrument ??? )

The bright sun is placed against the blue sky. Blue sky is the rectangular area which actually means good fortune, good weather at last.

Lastly the red background may symbolised the richnest of mother earth. Chinese people think red is very lucky. Also it may mean the red of martyrdom since a lot of blood, sweat and tears went into winning China from:
a)feudalism and
b)foreign oppression.

The Taiwanese that was mentioned should take a holiday trip to Nanjing (China), since he does not seem to mind the communist unlike some other forumite here. I think he will like Nanjing very much. It is a city first established during the Ming dynasty (1600) - a proud time for China.

In Nanjing he will find the mausoleum of Dr Sun Yat Sen (or Sun Zhong Shan as he is called in Mandarin) in all its glory, although the president died in Beijing (1925). The communists/ or present day PRC has refurbished the grave of Dr Sun complete with the navy blue roofing tiles and the flag/sun logo. The tomb is so big it looks like a Egyptian pyramid from a distance and there is about 500 steps, quite a climb, leading up to the actual memorial hall.

Elsewhere near the centre of Nanjing city there is Dr Sun presidential office. That is also worth a visit as the desk/office he used and the home he lived in as the first president of China is still there and kept as a museum.

In fact it is worth mentioning that no other communist leader of China including Mao has a more impressive mausoleum, (or other remembrance sites built) than Dr Sun Yat Sen.

What Alien has said is also correct, Dr Sun is the only modern political figure equally highly revered on both sides of the strait. The taxi driver would probably tell you as he did to me that the communists give a lot of “face” to this leader.

In Dr Sun office there is a picture of him with 3 Chinese inscriptions, once written by Dr Sun himself, which I think gives some hope to all Chinese people and in some respects may indicate that the present communist govt under Jiang (since they put it all up) also feel the same way:

a) Tian Xia Wei Gong
All under heaven for the good of the people.
The is a call for all leaders to work for the good of the people. It is in line with one of the 3 principles. ie the one for “equality”.

b) Ge Ming ShangWei ChengGong
The revolution has still not succeeded.

c) Tong zhi Reng Xu Nu li.
Together(of one will), (and we) still need hard work.

If the communists don’t just simply pay lip service to these calls by the founding father, I believe there will be democracy in China.
But democracy is a very broad definition and we may not all like the way it ends up.

No…definetly a torture weapon… did you stay up all night to make all that up… way over my head…but an interesting story anyway…