Sandwich favorite breakfast food in Taipei

RIP your collective taste.

So, what do you think? Do you like it? Which flavor did you get?

Hey what’s wrong with danbing? Eating stuff like that (NOT the wretched sandwiches sold at breakfast places) is one of the joys of being in Taiwan.

Guy

What is the crepe which covers the fipronil eggs made out of? They don’t seem to cook it very long…

best one: cheese and bacon. its on the secret menu.

2 Likes

I mean the attack on sandwiches. I like danbing.

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Doused heavily with their chili sauce

I like danbing with hash browns. Or bacon.

1 Like

I did like it! I had a long commute before I could actually eat it so I think I’ll enjoy it more next time when it’s hot and fresh. I just got…regular? I don’t speak much Chinese yet so I didn’t specify. It was just the egg inside with sauce on top. Will see what asking for zhūròu gets me next time :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A good luo bo gao is satisfying for brekkie too. It’s hard to find real luo bo gao , a lot of chains use sweet potato starch to save money on the radish and they may deep fry it which is also unhealthy.

Taichung probably has the best and biggest traditional breakfast shops on the island, there’s a couple of really famous ones on Wuquan road. In fact they could well be the biggest and best in the whole world!
Hygiene slightly questionable but hey at least everything is made fresh and there are a lot of choices…

I know Taiwanese love the famous pork egg sandwich (from one tiny shop) in Taichung but I never saw so much hype over nothing. Well maybe except for the other famous ’ ham and cheese ’ sandwich from Taichung .

Here’s a newer cleaner looking place in Taichung.

1 Like

Today I had zhua bing, I think that is what it was. Really good, for me it was better than danbing and the shitty sandwiches.

cong zhua bing / you bing are definitely the next level above dan bing. a bit heavier though so i don’t eat them that often. super easy to make at home too, you can buy the bings frozen in the supermarket. theres even a curry one which is mad.

1 Like

Imgur

ugh, seaweed in the doujiang… what is wrong with these people.

Shao Bing Dan and Xiao Bing Jupai Dan are also really good. Especially when fresh.
54247580_666497350488398_7931842178459592437_n 6779130_orig
That second picture has a Yo Tiao in it.

2 Likes

鹹豆漿 I think

Nice accompaniment if you make a curry too.

This looks good for brekkie tomorrow :grinning:

you didn’t like the roudan tusi? would you like to explain why? please don’t say because the toast wasn’t toasted…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kkFZ3JKsaU

This is pretty funny lol.

2 Likes

good clip. gets funnier later on

I never ate it in that place, always a massive queue. Probably tried it somewhere else…But have no memory of it. You can get roudan tou si in lots of places right.