Sanxia ... Xiongkong, recreational tea farm

TTC, Taiwan Tea Corporation, is redoing their tea growing area in Sanxia, Xiongkong (N109) and are making it into a recreational tea farm, you can walk around through their organic tea fields and can enjoy the view over the mountains and valleys to Sanxia from the couple of decks they build …

They just finished some landscaping of a clear, pure mountain water creek … I didn’t ask if you can have a dip in it …
During season they will do some tea production that can be watched in their multi-purpose hall (store, cafeteria) …

Some images …

Beautiful. Great pics.

That’s nice to see…some great pics there. Taiwan should have more of these places opened up for tourism, looks like it’s worth a visit.

Excellent pictures. :thumbsup: It’s definitely a nice place worth visiting.

They great thing, kate, is that the next time we do the Jiajiuliao to Xiongkong trail we can stop here afterwards instead of that smelly Belgium place in Sanxia. :whistle:

They might buy some of my pies, cookies and waffles in the future … had a talk with them and they are the former employer of my wife … she worked for TTC for over 20 years … but in the end all depends on price probably … :unamused: just saying …

… and the reason why they grow organic tea there … they said they are almost on top of the mountain and when they would use pesticides and other nasty stuff they would pollute everything down stream … makes sense … :ponder: