SAS disguise with use of Bisto

[quote]SAS disguise with use of Bisto
By VIRGINIA WHEELER, February 10, 2007

SAS soldiers who ran out of camouflage cream have been on secret missions — smeared in GRAVY.

Our elite troops found the meat sauce worked as a skin-darkener after one soldier spilt it on his arm in the mess room.

They have nabbed 100 suspected insurgents during raids in the Iraq capital of Baghdad this month — while smelling like roast dinners.

Bisto granules are now used regularly instead of MoD-issued Fast Tan.

An SAS source said: “Surveillance is very difficult in Iraq. We go to great lengths to change our appearance.

“We use cream to darken our face, dye our hair black and use brown contact lenses.

“But when Fast Tan ran low, the lads suggested using Bisto after one accidentally discovered it did the trick.

“The gravy smell is pretty off-putting — but it works.”

Bisto, popularised by the cartoon Bisto Kids that date back to 1919, has been such a hit that troops have told colleagues at the regiment HQ in Hereford to stock up before flying out.

The source added: “Using Bisto is one of those British soldier things.

“We’re great at finding something cheap and effective to do the job and get on with no complaints.”

The Sun revealed in 2005 that SAS troops used party aerosol cans of silly string to reveal al-Qaeda booby traps.
thesun.co.uk/article/0,2-2007060783,00.html[/quote]
I say…you’re smelling a bit off today, eh what?
“Who Dares, Wins!”

And you can make a lovely stew with the regimental bathwater.

Do you suppose there’s any pork in that Bisto? I mean, I wouldn’t like to think the SAS were being in anyway dishonourable when out tracking Jihadji.

HG

Improvise, Adapt & Overcome…wonder if A-1 sauce would work?