SAT photos of China's secret "underground" sub base

Peaceful (sup)Rising!

“The Chinese have a whole network of secret facilities that the U.S. government understands but cannot make public,” said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “This is the first public revelation of China’s secret buildup.”

Xia missile submarine at Jianggezhuang Submarine Base, with underground sub facility. Published for the first time in a satellite image. Satellite image courtesy: DigitalGlobe, April 19, 2004

Links:
imagingnotes.com/go/page4a.php?menu_id=23 (note on right side of page, 5 additional photos that can be enlarged)
washingtontimes.com/national … -7960r.htm

awesome… I wonder if they have any ‘sharks with lasers attached to their friggin heads’… :smiley:

sorry, juvenile and irrelevant response, but I couldn’t help it… underground submarine bases are just so James Bond… :wink:

has anyone checked to see if it is on google earth?

Here you go:
gearthblog.com/blog/archives … ret_u.html

[quote=“4nr”]Peaceful (sup)Rising!

[/quote]

To whom is it surprising that China has “secret” military bases on its own soil??

[quote=“4nr”]Peaceful (sup)Rising!

“The Chinese have a whole network of secret facilities that the U.S. government understands but cannot make public,” said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “This is the first public revelation of China’s secret buildup.”

Xia missile submarine at Jianggezhuang Submarine Base, with underground sub facility. Published for the first time in a satellite image. Satellite image courtesy: DigitalGlobe, April 19, 2004

Links:
imagingnotes.com/go/page4a.php?menu_id=23 (note on right side of page, 5 additional photos that can be enlarged)
washingtontimes.com/national … -7960r.htm[/quote]

Something you should know before more people harp on about a secret military buildup. The underground sub pens/missile facilities were built during the 1970’s.

Some of the sites date back even further. Many of the sub pens and facilities date back to the early 50’s era. Especially up along the China/former Soviet Union border areas.
Some further information:

PLAN vs. USN SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON
jeffhead.com/redseadragon/planfac.htm
jeffhead.com/redseadragon/2005.htm
jeffhead.com/redseadragon/planbuildup.htm

The Chinese military is a joke, in comparison with the American.

Not in numbers, and they showed it very well in the Korean War. Anyway, the Americans are more afraid of numbers now than of the potencial. The Irak people are far less equiped than the US Army and are by far more destructive. Reminds me of the Japanese on WW2, when they showed up to the world that if you are crazy enough, any army will be scared of you. But the problem now is that US cannot drop nuclear bombs any more…

Can you define “Irak people” and “more destructive”?

So you see it as a “problem” ?

Have to say that I don’t like your wording.

The problem to US is that they cannot surrender a country by using WMD’s. They have to go nicely and with diplomacy (opposed to what they did to Japan). And guess what… they were kicked out of Vietnam because every person was an enemy and they will be kicked out of Irak by the same motive. Irak is a nest of vesps sitting in a pile of oil, and the greedy americans went there and shook it. I was against Irak invasion, as I’m still against it.

As in the kamikazes, “more destructive” means that every suicide bomber that dies has far more reach than just a bomb itself. Is how you look at it.

[quote=“mr_boogie”]The problem to US is that they cannot surrender a country by using WMD’s. They have to go nicely and with diplomacy (opposed to what they did to Japan). And guess what… they were kicked out of Vietnam because every person was an enemy and they will be kicked out of Irak by the same motive. Irak is a nest of vesps sitting in a pile of oil, and the greedy Americans went there and shook it. I was against Irak invasion, as I’m still against it.
As in the kamikazes, “more destructive” means that every suicide bomber that dies has far more reach than just a bomb itself. Is how you look at it.[/quote]mr_boogie -
The USA is certainly in the losing column with the lack of support from a person who obviously has such a vast historical command such as yourself.
Her great loss indeed.

[quote=“Marvin”]The Chinese military is a joke, in comparison with the American.[/quote]Yes, but this isn’t accounting class.

mr_boogie might not be making sense with everything he’s saying, but he does have a point here. I do believe the NVA was a “joke” compared to the American military as well… for that matter, the Afghanis were a “joke” compared to the Soviet military.

As the war on Irak is proving, capacity means nothing. Basically war now depends on how many crazy guys you have on your side. The bigger the number, the bigger the war.

In the war of Korea, the americans understood well that numbers can make a difference. In the war of Vietnam, they understood that guerrilla tactics can make a difference. In the war of Irak, they are understanding that crazies can make a difference.

The bomb issue I posted was in reference on how the americans used the A-bomb to completelly anihiliate the will to fight of the japanese people. If such a weapon was not available, the pacific war would have been far worse than it was.

Such deep and insightful military analysis. I am truly in awe…

sorry if my political analysis was on the simple side. I’m not here to post a 200 page report on why I made the comment about the bomb…

And, when a democratic country is at war, there is a lot of awareness about it, and that awareness causes discontentment. That is what the terrorist gourps want… to put fear in the heart of those who are left wishing a safe return. While the americans cannot kill the desire of the suicide bombers, there will never be peace in Irak. But to have “Oil for food” programs will only stir up the fire, because even for us outsiders they smell bad…

Wait till you see his sophisticated political strategies, e.g. having the world boycott everything Chinese.

lol

Related article:
China’s Submarine Challenge
by John J. Tkacik, Jr. March 1, 2006

Also worth (re)reading is Micheal Turton Oct05 China takes Taiwan article. With China making a bigger stink than necessary about the NUC and with the US being confronted by more and more Iranian backed insurgents in Iraq (likely supported by the CCP to drain the US military’s resources…) it seems that the window of opportunity is starting to open. Who knows if they are demented/crazy enough? They certainly have the anger within. I don’t really dwell on this much, although it is something to think about since we are in the middle of things.

Completely unrelated but interesting collecton of photos from Nixon’s 72 China Trip that I just came across while surfing around. The beginning of the end of the ROC…

“… bigger stink than necessary about the NUC …”

"… Iranian backed insurgents in Iraq (likely supported by the CCP to drain the US military’s resources…) "

:bravo: :bravo: :laughing: :laughing:

I wouldn’t bother wasting my time refuting your statements. Might as well go argue with Art Bell about Area 51! But I just wanted you to know that I’m laughing at you.