Saudi Wahhabism in the US getting bad press = Good

Who wants to bet that the Bush Administration puts a bit more pressure on Saudi rulers in the next few years, despite Michael Moore’s insistance of their handholding? Once the oil has been legally secured and contracted out in Iraq and its borders secured, the kid gloves may just come off and an unedited critque of Saudi Wahhabism may take place. I think the reason that tthe US did not attempt a regime change in SA is because of the simple fact…there is no one who can run the country. Iraqis, under Saddam, were much more secular and better educated than their neighbors, and much more capable of running the infrastructure. The men in SA, if they go to college at all, mostly study Wahhabist Islam, which makes them qualified for…uhm…let me get back to you on that.

freedomhouse.org/religion/news/b … -01-28.htm

NEW REPORT ON SAUDI GOVERNMENT PUBLICATIONS IN U.S.
WASHINGTON, DC, January 28, 2005- Freedom House

Upsetting, depressing, and interesting.

Thanks for the article, jd.

If it were up to me high schools in the US would be studying Chinese and Arabic…it’s nice to know what’s going on.

A sensible suggestion not only for the US but Europe also.

Broon

Where are all our concerned lefties? Why aren’t they protesting the oppression and racism of the Saudis? Where is you know who protesting about the hate filled screeds of the Saudis? Where is you know who and why is he not organizing a peace protest to stop the war against innocent American Jews and Christians? Where are both of them when it comes to fighting true tyranny and oppression? Hmmmm? Again, my absolute and total contempt heaped their direction. What kind of a sick twisted moral system would not be able to differentiate between true racism and faux racism? What kind of an idiot cannot see true hate speech and excessive political correctness. My absolute contempt knows no bounds.

Where are the right-wing protestors condeming Saudi and other Muslim oppression? I haven’t seen any neocon demonstrations on CNN, except maybe when they’re protesting legal abortion.

cheers,
DB

We right-wingers are the ones with the long-term plan for dealing with this.

What’s your plan?

[quote=“Dog’s_Breakfast”]
Where are the right-wing protestors condeming Saudi and other Muslim oppression? I haven’t seen any neocon demonstrations on CNN, except maybe when they’re protesting legal abortion.

cheers,
DB[/quote]

I heard of some recent right-wing opposition to muslim oppression: Afghanistan and Iraq. :slight_smile:

cheers,
DB[/quote]

Maybe they have a little more class and don’t like to appear on TV dancing in the streets with painted faces like a bunch of morons.

So, is that an example of true or faux hate speech? Just curious.

Seeker4

[quote=“jdsmith”]http://freedomhouse.org/religion/news/bn2005/bn-2005-01-28.htm

NEW REPORT ON SAUDI GOVERNMENT PUBLICATIONS IN U.S.
WASHINGTON, DC, January 28, 2005- Freedom House

So, is that an example of true or faux hate speech? Just curious.
Seeker4[/quote]

T’would be a broad definition of hate speech indeed that included within its parameters contempt for people that is based not on their race, gender or religion, but rather on the policies and ideas that they espouse.

So I guess the answer regarding Fred’s contempt is: none of the above. :wink:

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“Dog’s_Breakfast”]

cheers,
DB[/quote]

Maybe they have a little more class and don’t like to appear on TV dancing in the streets with painted faces like a bunch of morons.

[/quote]

I don’t think they have much class when they dress up in hard hats and eat $1500 hot dogs:

“If people want to participate - AND WE DO NEED BODIES - they must be DRESSED DOWN, appear to be REAL WORKER types etc. We plan to have hardhats for people to wear.”

commondreams.org/headlines01/0309-03.htm

cheers,
DB

seeker, good work. I too became very interested in this subject after 9/11.

Bernard Lewis helped me see things a bit more clearly.

Let us know if you get a response from the site. I imagine everyone is sleeping there now.

DB,

Well its more

I don’t think they have much class when they dress up in hard hats and eat $1500 hot dogs:[/quote]

Since the ketchup on those hotdogs is probably [color=red]Heinz,[/color] why don’t you save it for John Kerry and and his favorite billionare George Soros?

johnkerry.com/about/teresa_heinz_kerry/
bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= … koN4tLMDv8

Although liberals love to rip each other apart

JD Smith:

Did you read Bernard Lewis’s works in the Atlantic magazine as well? Fantastic writer. I am glad that he has now usurped the positon previously held by that desperately sad, lonely Edward Said, whose writing always caused a great sense of acute embarrassment in me. Gosh what an inferiority complex.

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“Dog’s_Breakfast”]
I don’t think they have much class when they dress up in hard hats and eat $1500 hot dogs:[/quote]

Since the ketchup on those hotdogs is probably [color=red]Heinz,[/color] why don’t you save it for John Kerry and and his favorite billionare George Soros?

johnkerry.com/about/teresa_heinz_kerry/
bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= … koN4tLMDv8[/quote]

No way. Like someone else mentioned awhile back (in another thread), I think it’s time we had another Reagan family member for our next president…

Talk about “dressing down”…

[quote=“fred smith”]JD Smith:

Did you read Bernard Lewis’s works in the Atlantic magazine as well? Fantastic writer. I am glad that he has now usurped the positon previously held by that desperately sad, lonely Edward Said, whose writing always caused a great sense of acute embarrassment in me. Gosh what an inferiority complex.[/quote]

I don’t know much about Said, so I won’t comment. What I value about Lewis is that he seems to admire Islam and doesn’t like the way it’s being represented by the Wahhabis.

I read the analogy once (not sure if it was from Lewis) that the Saudi Wahhabis were like the KKK with a billion dollars in the bank.