Sauerkraut

I don’t feel like taking a plastic baggy to Costco.

My wife gets it at Wu Hsing street day market.
A local dude makes it, it’s pretty yummy, got black peppercorns and capers in it.
Like a lot of those places, tho’ he ain’t there every day.
Maybe you know, maybe you don’t, but I think they call it “German pickle” in Mandarin.

Hey Chief,
Thanks for the tip that I will follow up on. I have been craving a burger with kraut far longer than I have gobbled the Costco dogs. Your my hero. Now I have to find it.
I will!

The Wellcome on An Ho has about 4 different kinds, too.

Many thanks chief! I was hoping to do sausage and sauerkraut for the New Year - found sausage, but wasn’t sure where to get the kraut. I used to go up to Uli’s in Tianmu, but that’s a bit of a trek and it’s been so long I have no idea if he’s even still there.

I don’t know if there are any in Taipei (if that’s where you are) but here in Taichung HOLA has sauerkraut along with a nice selection of other imported foods.

Should 've asked me on Saturday … have canned kraut in my kitchen … :slight_smile:

See ya this weekend! :slight_smile:

I saw some in RT-mart’s new delicatessan as well.

Also relish, anchovies and of course cheese and meats

There’s a place in the XinYi Mitsukoshi that sells saurkraut and sausage as well. - A8 on B2…I think it’s called “Andrea.” It’s kind of in the back, next to Subway.

There’s a place in the XinYi Mitsukoshi that sells saurkraut and sausage as well. - A8 on B2…I think it’s called “Andrea.” It’s kind of in the back, next to Subway.

i was under the impression that it was fairly easy to make. it’s just fermented cabbage. no?

Nama gave me the directions to a DIY store near Park Number 4 in YungHe. Besides having a vast array of baking and cooking supplies and ingredients, I noticed a couple brands of canned kraut. This is really a place to check out. I think you will find most of whatever you are looking for. I found various cornmeal mixes and Albers brand cornmeal by the box, other baking mixes, western style BBQ sauce, pre-made pizza crust, reasonable sized jars of pickles, canned fruits and pie fillings, Jello brand puddings and gelatin, cookie dough, all manner of baking pans and utensils, reasonably priced large convection ovens and bread mixers, and just about every other item I could want. A few noticeably absent were pearl tapioca (miss that) dried Great Northern beans and liquid smoke. I’m sure there are also other items that they dont carry but this was one of the most well stocked cooking stores that I have found (Thanks to Namahottie) You might try to PM her for the full address. I know how to get there but not the address.