Sausages!

Hi, has anyone found a place that actually sells top quality sausages?

I’ve tried a couple of dozen varieties from all sorts of places around Taiwan…they are all very low quality I think
thanks

These are great.

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 19&t=96759

Tianmu Butcher, Zhongshan N. Rd. two blocks north of Tianmu E. Rd., east side, north of the gym, at the old El Gallo location. Nitrite free, not coarse or porky. The Andouille is good, although I’d like it spicier, and the missus likes the breakfast sausages.

May I recommend Mr. Sausage? He’s an Australian guy who makes sausages for all the Western restaurants. On Tap, Brass Monkey, Little London, W Hotel all use his stuff.

02-2579-0396

No. 5 -1 Alley 4 Lane 12 Sec. 3 Bade Road, Song Shan District Taipei City.

[quote=“gavmasterflash”]May I recommend Mr. Sausage? He’s an Australian guy who makes sausages for all the Western restaurants. On Tap, Brass Monkey, Little London, W Hotel all use his stuff.

02-2579-0396

No. 5 -1 Alley 4 Lane 12 Sec. 3 Bade Road, Song Shan District Taipei City.[/quote]

+1 on the Aussie geezer. He delivers as well.

An Aussie who delivers his own sausage.

Mind the innuendo, OK.

[quote=“urodacus”]An Aussie who delivers his own sausage.

Mind the innuendo, OK.[/quote]

And sometimes he dresses up as a giant pink wookie.

[quote=“BigJohn”]
And sometimes he dresses up as a giant pink wookie.[/quote]

He’s from Melbourne?

[quote=“urodacus”][quote=“BigJohn”]
And sometimes he dresses up as a giant pink wookie.[/quote]

He’s from Melbourne?[/quote]

Yes, he is.

The wookie costume is a dead give away. Fair dinkum.

Just for fun:

SAUSAGES!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=sON0He2mTC8

Do you know if they do shaved ham? Im trying to make a chicken parmigiana but all that I can get from the supermarkets is german ham.

Just picked up a couple of packs of locally made Churchill brand from the City Super, chorizo and Italian. Eating the chorizo now, I’d say they’re the best sausages I ever had here. Looking forward to trying the Italian.

The Italians made for a really nice red sauce. Very pleased. Will be getting more.

My only, minor, complaint about these products is they seem a tad heavy on breading for my taste. The overall texture and flavor is really good though, and that’s more than enough.

facebook.com/ChurchillsSaus … =page_info

There’s Belling’s Deli in Taichung, also owned by an Australian:

facebook.com/BellingsDeliEats

taiwanfun.com/central/taichu … eliBar.htm

plus.google.com/108088006902058129808/about

Hey Tempo Gain, Great to read your comments about the Churchill’s sausages and glad you liked them. Noted your comment on the breading. All feedback is most welcome. Cheers. :thumbsup:

price?

weight?

format?

price? weight? format?[/quote]
NTD248 for a pack at City Super. I forget the weight, and I’ve got a cat in my lap so I’m not going to look in the freezer - maybe a pound? Chorizo is six in the pack, bratwurst eight in a pack. I haven’t tried the bratwurst yet; the chorizo was very good fried up with eggs and toast, and was good but not great when chopped and added to a chipotle flavoured lentil salad. They’re very tasty, but the internal grind is pretty coarse, so when you cut it up it seemed to me like you’re getting more chunks of different stuff, rather than tasty morsels of sausage.

Note on finding them: in the City Super, they are NOT where you’d expect, with the other meat products and sausages and stuff. Instead they’re back in the frozen shelves, near bagels and frozen fruit I think. That does make sense, seeing as how they’re frozen, but it took me a while to find them.

I haven’t tried using them as an ingredient for cooking yet, but thus far they strike me more as delicious sausages to eat, but less useful to cook with. I hope to be proven wrong, however.

Thanks! may be I´ll give it a shot.

someone said sausage :slight_smile: