Sausages!

I like the coarser grind. While I like Mr Sausage’s products they always strike me as too fine.

Really? I don’t know whether consistency problems or personal taste are to blame, but the ones I had were far too coarse, with big chunks of fat that wouldn’t render during cooking time, and just stayed there, as big lumps of semi-raw fat. “Rustic” would be a complementary angle on it, from my perspective, but perhaps that’s just what bangers are, where he comes from. Very nice bloke, anyway, and nothing else wrong with the product. I get the feeling he could probably deliver what one wants with adequate specification of requirements.

That would be a deal-breaker for me personally, but I didn’t have that issue in either pack I got. The Italians got a good stewing though.

Ba-dump …

Any big news in sausages in Taipei in the past few years? New products to be tried?

I’m especially looking for linguica, to make feijoada (a Brazilian black bean / pork / sausage stew), but I think finding linguica is incredibly unlikely! Current plan is to use half Churchill’s “Spanish” sausages (which I still suspect should be called Mexican, because they need to be cooked, can be crumbled, and can’t really be sliced), and half Andouille from Fulli’s Deli - er, I hope they’re still around; both the old links I have for them are dead, and that Facebook page isn’t exactly promising.

But are there other options out there? (I already know about Churchill’s and Mr. Sausage.)

Where are all the sausage makers? Who’s still around?

Mr Sausage still is I believe. Pretty sure you can still get Churchill products in City Super. Meat Mate

1 Like

I mean like manufacturer, whole sale.

All of those manufacture their own. Can’t say what quantities they are capable of providing, inquiring sounds like a good idea

Cory’s Kitchen down in Kaohsiung too.

Sounds like a line from “The Life Of Brian”.:smiley:
Are there any sausage festivals in Taiwan, apart from Tindr/nightclubs?

I really like Churchill’s. A bit on the small side but taste great. They can usually be found at the RT Mart and a few other supermarkets too.

2 Likes

Forumosa sometimes gets that way …

2 Likes

They got smaller! I used to could eat 3 for a meal, now it’s 4.

They have them at the Jason’s near Guting Station also. Churchill’s. There’s also Johnson’s (sp?) sausages, but they are more hot-dog-like.

Anything in Hsinchu?

Lucky you! I need around 15 and that gets freaking expensive…

Sorry , wrong thread

2 Likes

The ones sold in the RT Mart are a different size, half the size of the ones sold in Jasons unless they’ve changed. Could make a comment on local versus imported sausage size but I won’t.

2 Likes

Oh man, I once wanted just some regular snags for a good old fashioned sausage sizzle but I had to settle with this fancy English ones from Jasons
Also I had to boil the onion

No joke? That’s a bit silly. Packaging looks essentially the same. Guess I’ll try getting them from a few difference places. Churchills are all made in Taiwan though, as far as I know. They just taste better than 99.9% of the other local options.

No Joke! I was disappointed when I bought the RT mart ones as one sausage (Jason large) is twisted to form 2 so the RT Mart pack has, I think, 10 whereas the Jason’s had only 5 for the same weight and package size. It may have changed since then but check out Jason’s if you’re fond of a large sausage!