Saving docs to the OLK61 file

You know when you’re in a hurry to save a doc and you forget to use “save as” and just click save and later you wonder where the hell did you save it to and it turns out you inadvertently saved it to the OLK61 file, which is where things that are saved go by default when you fail to specify another folder to save them to, and you can never find the OLK61 file to open it, because it’s actually a subfolder of a subfolder of a subfolder of a subfolder in some obscure string of folders that you otherwise never use?

Well, does the OLK61 folder serve any purpose other than just to frustrate computer users? Wouldn’t it be more convenient if one clicked save and a pop-up popped up asking what folder you wanted to save it to, or something like that?

That’s a sort of temp folder.

Are you trying to get the file back?

The reason for it is when people do NOT choose to save a file, it still has to be stored somewhere temporarily, so it goes there.

But why is it the default setting when one attempts to save a file? I’m not having trouble with it now, but I have plenty of times in the past. Wouldn’t it be just as easy to have an alternative, as I suggested, so when one clicks on “save” it asks where you want to save it?

As well, what does OLK61 stand for anyway?

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]But why is it the default setting when one attempts to save a file? I’m not having trouble with it now, but I have plenty of times in the past. Wouldn’t it be just as easy to have an alternative, as I suggested, so when one clicks on “save” it asks where you want to save it?

As well, what does OLK61 stand for anyway?[/quote]

Look, you. The reason why it is NOW the default is cos you originally said you just wanted to open it, NOT save it. Now it’s in the temp file and when you change your mind and ask to save it, since it’s already there, well, that becomes the default place to stick it.

It’s your fault for changing your mind. :stuck_out_tongue:

As well, I refuse to answer any questions beginning with “as well”.