Saw another big bike rider today...with no clue

If that chap had had his dogs following behind him while he was on his bike, then he would have been really stupid and dangerous.

[quote=“UKbikerchic”]well i ride in “teams” some of them even have foriegners in them
and I enjoy it. [/quote]

I bet you enjoy the team showers, too :smiling_imp:

How so? My dogs are more aware than most of the people on the street and faster too. I’ve let my larger dog run in downtown traffic. We pass other vehicles…her on the right and me on the left.

Who are you to judge her road sense without ever having met her?

How so? My dogs are more aware than most of the people on the street and faster too. I’ve let my larger dog run in downtown traffic. We pass other vehicles…her on the right and me on the left.

Who are you to judge her road sense without ever having met her?[/quote]
No-one’s judging your dog’s road sense Mordeth. :wink:

:laughing: :bravo:

:laughing: :bravo:[/quote]

I don’t know what you two think is funny. I’m guessing sandman is trying to insinuate that it’s my road abilities and not my dog’s that you doubt? You’ve never ridden with me…or my dog. :s

[offtopic]
Sorry Mordeth, but IMO it’s dangerous and irresponsible to “walk” dogs with a scooter, in traffic, no matter what dog, no matter what owner, no matter what traffic… the only place to have your dogs chase you while you ride a scooter is on a totally empty road, with no traffic and even then it’s not such a great idea…

Sooner or later even the most street wise dog will make a mistake, or some drunken fool will make a mistake and hit them, or someone will crash trying to avoid them… sooner or later somebody, or even worse the dog, will get injured… dogs should not be in traffic. ever.
[/offtopic]

:laughing: :bravo:[/quote]

I don’t know what you two think is funny. I’m guessing sandman is trying to insinuate that it’s my road abilities and not my dog’s that you doubt? You’ve never ridden with me…or my dog. :s[/quote]
But we’ve read many of your posts. It’s telling stuff. :laughing:
Anyway, how could we possibly have time to ride with you? We’re much too busy thinking about being rapists or pedophiles, if only we weren’t so addled by the drink that we can hardly drag our arses off the couch.

i just love the team showers :smiley: especially since i’m usually the only girl :smiling_imp:

I not only get a chance to compare their riding but also their… :wink:

off topic: i also agree it is irrponsible to have your dog running next to a bike in traffic, it’s not the dog’s sense but the other idiots on the road as has already been explained., but that’s just my opinion.

Their WINKIES? So it’s true what they say about men and large motorbikes. It really IS all a matter of over-compensation?

Is there any? I mean real stuff rather than the “how to pass the notorious test” places.

I ask mostly for my own info (as a potential “Born Again Briefly, Then Killed Learner”), but also because if there isn’t any this might partly explain the big bike cluelessness reported on above.

[quote=“plasmatron”][offtopic]
Sorry Mordeth, but IMO it’s dangerous and irresponsible to “walk” dogs with a scooter, in traffic, no matter what dog, no matter what owner, no matter what traffic… the only place to have your dogs chase you while you ride a scooter is on a totally empty road, with no traffic and even then it’s not such a great idea…

Sooner or later even the most street wise dog will make a mistake, or some drunken fool will make a mistake and hit them, or someone will crash trying to avoid them… sooner or later somebody, or even worse the dog, will get injured… dogs should not be in traffic. ever.
[/offtopic][/quote]

Well she’s been running on roads with traffic for 6 years now. Just today I rode home ahead of her. And she had to navigate a kilometer or two by herself.

There’s a chance that one day she could get hit by a car…the same as with us. But considering in the last 8 years I’ve had about 7 accidents…and she’s only had 1…my chances of getting hit seem higher than hers.

I don’t think she’d choose to give up her freedom for saftey and neither would I…I could start riding on busses only…but I won’t give up my freedom either.

She is one happy, spoilt, cool dog. She runs at 60km/hr and can do lower speeds for miles.

Chances are if my dog and one of you went for a ride…there’s a higher chance of you going down in an accident than my dog…that’s if the foreigners who live around my house are anything to go by (they ride horribly).

Oh, why didn’t you tell us you ride around the track with your Greyhound. We all assumed you were riding on the street with your mongrel trailing behind you.

Oh, why didn’t you tell us you ride around the track with your Greyhound. We all assumed you were riding on the street with your mongrel trailing behind you.[/quote]

You should have googled it first, buddy…greyhounds run at speeds around 80km/hr.

My dog only does 60 (she can hold that speed for about 3 city blocks)…but yeah…she’s fast…and it’s cool.

The fastest is 45.2 km/h and is bred purley for competition in professional races. Greyhounds only generally achieve this speed over very short distances and with an incentive ie: fluffy fake rabbit.

Greyhounds bred as normal pets can’t achieve anywhere near this speed and medium legged hairy things (I’ve seen a pic of yours) should’nt get be able to anywhere near that.

What? You think I didn’t google it??

Anyway, dogs are cool. Can it find it’s way home from anywhere?
Make sure it’s collar’d otherwise the dog catchers will have it. I heard they are stepping up the war on stray dogs from a student who works for the city government. if it has a collar though, they won’t touch it.

I doubt this is happening in Taoyuan county.

[quote=“Dangermouse”]The fastest is 45.2 km/h and is bred purley for competition in professional races. Greyhounds only generally achieve this speed over very short distances and with an incentive ie: fluffy fake rabbit.

[/quote]

That’s 45 MPH not KMH. And some can reach 50 MPH which is about 80KMH.

And my dog really does do 60 kmh. I’ve clocked her many times. Riding different scooters. She stays beside me right up to 60kmh. She’s done it more times than I can count. No lies…no exaggeration.

A greyhound in a race…skip to 6 minutes into the video…and watch till end: paultan.org/archives/2006/02/12/ … greyhound/

[quote=“Mordeth”][quote=“Dangermouse”]The fastest is 45.2 km/h and is bred purley for competition in professional races. Greyhounds only generally achieve this speed over very short distances and with an incentive ie: fluffy fake rabbit.

[/quote]

That’s 45 MPH not KMH. [/quote]

0wn3d. :wink:

But my dog can run at 61kph behind my bike. I’ve just clocked her now.
My dog is faster than your dog.

:nyah:

Wait a second… that’s not my dog… I don’t even have a dog!

:astonished: It’s that J chick from the D & R forum! She saw my huge, bulging
wallet
and now she’s after me! Run away y’all! Run away!

45mph is what I meant because I’m English, and that’s what we work in because Kilometers are fucking stupid and should be banned. They make you owned.

Can I tie my scooter onto your dog?

now now sandman it wouldn’t be polite to shower and tell now would it. :smiley:

Wow 7 accidents in 8 years, i’ve got a bit of catching up to do, 4 in 21 years, must be all those horrible foriegn and chinese riders right? Ever thought of changing countries?? :wink: :wink: :wink: (thought i’d add a few winks to make it clear :wink: )