Saw dine and dash on Taiwanese news

The job itself is not bad. I mean, it is very rewarding in terms of what you learn and I take the news with humor. I chose those weird news and my coworkers have already come to expect me to find the weirdest stuff. I really liked the news about the stones as it had an interesting background -they are a pair that interlock and were used in the past in dyeing clothes- and it is a gimmick to attract tourists. I do prefer it to say, reporting on those chupamedias from our countries who come to Taiwan and behave like they are better than everyone else and demand to be treated like royalty while bringing their mistresses on a free shopping trip…

Working environment, OTOH…

Jacky Wu still has chat shows and does the outdoor cheesy games with his mates show. Somebody hit the pause switch back in 2001 or so.

The real reason, almost all the talent went to China to make money .

Interesting I didn’t know that. I thought it was only a few like Lin Chi Lin etc.

I really really struggle to watch local TV. It’s too childish. News is too noisy and screen too cluttered. There’s lots of international channels so unfortunately local TV is mostly dead to me apart from some excellent shows now and then on tea, farmers, aboriginals, business, etc … hey what am I saying actually there’s quite a bit…too lazy to follow the Chinese :laughing:

Have you seen those China shows? They are way far more horrid, boring and long than anything the Taiwanese have come up with.

Yes, they have a lot of flash and also push a lot of patriotism…

And local artists have complained they do not get treated the same, and we get the occasional being forced to make a statement or risk being blacklisted artist too.

The China dating show 非誠勿擾 was a bit trashy, but a good laugh. I thought the hosts were quite witty. The budget would far exceed anything Taiwan could put to air…

Taiwan is just one big neighborhood

2 Likes

Which is something you see a lot in China entertainment. Lots of flash, lots of cash, luxury items galore, not so much depth or story. The quality of production is overcome by the cash flaunting, just like explosions and special effects overcome most US productions. Entertainment value suffers because of this.

It’s the real Taiwan.

He didn’t know they served insects?

1 Like

Fresh!

1 Like

Now I want to read it!

Where can I read your stories? These sound hilarious.