Say no to the UN abolishing Traditional Chinese for Simplfie

To sign the petition.Online petition - Say NO to United Nations’ abolishment of Traditional Chinese in 2008

Haven’t read it yet, but my first question is “why?” After all, who uses trad., apart from Taiwan? Which isn’t even IN the UN. China on the other hand uses simplified and not only is a UN member, it’s also on the Security Council.
Seems to make sense to me.

It’s a myth – from about a year ago.

A very good friend of mine in Beijing, but formerly of Tawan, has recently taken to calling simplified characters nong ti or nong min ti in full (peasant characters). All part of a sociological experiment to see how the Chinese academic reacts to this. He’s an academic with a considerable background in Chinese literature, so one can be very sure he is testing his theory here quite frequently.

I’ve yet to get the feedback, but I am very much looking forward to it!

HG

Oh my God! They’re going to do it again! Oh noes!

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]A very good friend of mine in Beijing, but formerly of Tawan, has recently taken to calling simplified characters nong ti or nong min ti in full ([color=red]peasant characters[/color]). All part of a sociological experiment to see how the Chinese academic reacts to this. He’s an academic with a considerable background in Chinese literature, so one can be very sure he is testing his theory here quite frequently.

I’ve yet to get the feedback, but I am very much looking forward to it!

HG[/quote]

Your friend has a point.

UN can abolish it,but it is still our characters.