Scalia's vaffanculo FU salute reaches Taiwan

Did Scalia swear or not? What did the gesture mean? And how will this news impact Taiwan’s political landscrape?

As an honorary Italian, I hear that vaffanculo means, basically, FUCK YOU!

You decide:
news.bostonherald.com/localRegio … eid=132932

He is an adult. He can express his wishes to another adult in any manner he damn well chooses.
If that bothers someone, too bad. the real world ain’t politically correct.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]He is an adult. He can express his wishes to another adult in any manner he damn well chooses.
If that bothers someone, too bad. the real world ain’t politically correct.[/quote]

He’s a public servant and a representative of the highest branch of the judical system in the US. He has professional obligations to the people who pay his salary (the public which include those who question his impartiality) and ethical obligations to the society he has been given the privilege to represent. He is not running his own business or an entertainer or artist.

Try telling the people who pay your salary to fuck off when they question how well you are doing your job. Try telling the company you represent that what you do in public is none of their concern.

Yes, it really is that simple. People get fired for this kind of ill-mannered, unprofessional, poorly expressed outbursts when it looks badly on their employers.

And that’s the real world.

Nothing he did in this photo affects his performance of his duties.
Every word he writes in jusicial rullings, summaries and decisions is subject to review at the hoghest level. This is no way affects that.
In the real world people are held responsible for their actions. He obviosly understands that and made the decision to demonstrate an old gesture to someone he decided was worthy of it.
To extrapolate this to anyone beyond the individual it is directed at is false and misleading. It may be convient for an agenda you wish to push or a scenario you wish to create but it just ain’t the real deal.

Like I said, its his choice. The wolves will pounce with blood in their noses…my money is on Scalia. And reality.

It wasn’t directed at one individual. It was directed at all critics of Scalia who question his inability to seperate church and state. Read what happen and then get back to me.

And and while you’re at it, think about how you felt when Clinton besmirched the honor of the white house. Nothing he did to Lewinsky affected the performance of his duties. So I bet you had no problem with the whole scandal, right? After all, people who hold high office are not expected to protect the dignity of that office, right?

[quote]

I don’t see anything in the photo. Looks to me like he is taking his hand down from touching his forehead while making the sign of the cross.

It wasn’t directed at one individual. It was directed at all critics of Scalia who question his inability to separate church and state. Read what happen and then get back to me.
And and while you’re at it, think about how you felt when Clinton besmirched the honor of the white house. Nothing he did to Lewinsky affected the performance of his duties. So I bet you had no problem with the whole scandal, right? After all, people who hold high office are not expected to protect the dignity of that office, right?

[quote]