Scan in some [hand]written Traditional Chinese

Caveat: I make no claims; in fact I’m not even sure I know what you’re talking about. In the past, I tried an online OCR device for an image (or images) of English text (or a device that was downloadable–it was so long ago that I don’t remember exactly what kind of device it was), and the result was an unintentionally-humorous failure (ah, here’s a post with a quote of the failure).

But after an ordinary Google search, I just now found this device. I tested it with an image of a few Traditional Chinese characters screen-captured from a Google Translate page using IrfanView image software. (The text is a Chinese translation of a small part of Abraham Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address–I didn’t use Google Translate for the translation–it had already been translated.)

For those few characters, it seems to have worked that one time. That’s all I can say.

Here’s an image of the results:

But again, I make no guarantees of any kind about this device, and that also means that I can’t guarantee that there’s nothing harmful about the device.

Anyway, I hope this helps, or at least does no harm.

2 Likes