Scary scar and something else

MOrtimer get ahold of yourself. You have unwittingly reversed roles with your TW gf :slight_smile: Usually they are the ones complaining that the male of the equation doesnt answer calls, etc etc. Sounds like you are fond of her. And so far from what you say, I dont see an imminent problem. Sounds like she is serious bout you too and looks at you as a future direction and needs to sort out odds and ends right now. Just chill, give her some space. TW girls know how to get your heart. Shes confident shes got yours so shes chilled…but you aint.

Best of luck and hang on tight. They can be little whirlwinds those little devils !!

You may love to hate her but dont hate to love her ok?

This is just a quote from someone on a blog bout TW girls, I thought it was kinda funny, not all true but certainly some truth to it:

" Thus, a white man who is open to dating in Taiwan is unwittingly making himself the play toy of some very self-centered, greedy and heart-breaking girls. They’re bony and flat-chested, and not so great looking, but they can grab your heart quite easily. They truly have skills on that, if they are motivated to apply them, that is…"

edit: by the way homeys quote below sounds exactly like what I do with my TW gf, except its ME thats calling or texting her everyday and shes the one thats NOT returning the favor so i kinda know how it feels Mortimer.

" I have never known an Asian girl that didn’t keep in touch all the time unless she was running off with another man. Most of them will smother you and would never go a day without seeing, texting, or phoning you."

I always think that girl who has scar on their wrist is someone you need more time and care and attention and more careful to deal (like watch out every word you use or every moves you do…or others) … all these could be very stressful… or maybe just me think of it in this way… perhaps know each other more before move in together?

to be honest… some taiwanese girls are really confusing me… there was a girl came to my hospital for removing the stitches on her wrist, she kept saying it hurt so bad when doc. tried to pull out the stitches, then finally doc. asked “didnt it hurt when you cut yourself?” she answered in some it-was-reasonable-thing-to-do attitude “I was so angry and so sad, I dont feel any pain.” Doctor looked so confused, so was I. And I noticed there were more than one old scars on her wrist…

What’s the link?
Is it Rantheman? :laughing:

At least a self harmer is turning her pain inwards. That’s got to be a bonus.

What’s the link?
Is it Rantheman? :laughing:[/quote]

For a change its actually NOT RanTheMan :slight_smile:

heres the link: I like a lot of the comments, rather then the main story. Add your own?

danielwa11ace.wordpress.com/2007 … in-taiwan/

Thanks to everyone, things became much more clear now.

[quote=“tommy525”]heres the link: I like a lot of the comments, rather then the main story. Add your own?

danielwa11ace.wordpress.com/2007 … in-taiwan/[/quote]

Great link, I have the feeling I’m reading about my girlfriend in some of the comments.

[quote=“Homey”]Good luck, but keep your eyes open.

I would honestly urge you to read up, or speak to a few guys that have dealt with the psycho xiao jie syndrome. It’s not to be taken lightly. This culture tends to breed some real classics.

If your completely prepared for the tantrums and suicide when you realize this isn’t going to work then by all means continue.

I for one will never get involved with a girl like this again. Some relationships are not good matches and either person should be able to decide to move on without such theatrics or suicide. I have known a few guys that actually had to move, to sneak away, change jobs, the whole nine yards.

There are some great Chinese/TW girls out there, but there are clearly a lot of insanely immature ones also. To be fair, this also seems to go for the men as there seem to be a lot of men that think its ok to use the wife/gf as a punching bag.

I have never known an Asian girl that didn’t keep in touch all the time unless she was running off with another man. Most of them will smother you and would never go a day without seeing, texting, or phoning you.

Don’t blindly ignore the warning signs, keep your eyes open.

Good luck.[/quote]

Being in taiwan for 20 years I have seen a lot and I agree with Homey, watch out for warning signs , if something doesn’t seems right it is " not right".

Taiwan girls juggle guys telling them all a similar story.

I know way, way, way too many guys who find out their “girlfriend” (sometimes actually living together at same time) is actually telling another guy (or two) almost the same story… I love you, there is no one or nothing else, can we live together, my battery was dead, I was with friends… yada, yada, yada… seems a common acceptable, almost mandated tactic in Taiwan for catching guys.

Be realistic and pragmatic, not optimistic or naive, when dating a Taiwan girl.

Ya, keep your eyes open and your wits about you. Them foxes will outfox you every time. Got to keep ahead of the curve. If you can get them to love YOU and chase YOU, you will be ahead of the curve though.

What a load of tripe!
Fullsome Twaddle!
:grandpa:
Sure this culture breeds some nutters. Much as any other culture does.
Psychotic tendencies manifest themselves in many a different enigmatic variation.
Granted, the state of child-raising in this country leaves much to be desired.
However, I’ve seen enough psycho foreign devils with patently destructive behaviour patterns. They just hurt others, that’s the crux of this particular biscuit.
And this is not even mentioning the vast and exceedingly pervasive mental health issues in many a Western nation.

It’s going to be really funny if the OP’s love interest scar happens to be from a simple childhood accident.

“The first is that often she doesn’t answer my calls and sometimes she takes a few days to call me back. She explained that she love me and that she really wants to live with me but that with her previous boyfriends she was used to talk on the phone only once per week. I’m european and this behaviour freaks me out. I wonder if it is normal in Taiwan.”

So she doesn’t answer the phone or call you back for a few days, but you are going to live together?

As I look back at ‘challenging’ experiences I have went through, its not the ones where I was completely blind-sided with a new unknown factor that I regret. No, what I truly regret are the times when warning signs were clearly posted along the path, yet I kept ignoring them.

Sit the girl down, and have a real discussion with her, get some answers and listen not only to the words, but the whole package.

[quote=“Homey”]“The first is that often she doesn’t answer my calls and sometimes she takes a few days to call me back. She explained that she love me and that she really wants to live with me but that with her previous boyfriends she was used to talk on the phone only once per week. I’m european and this behaviour freaks me out. I wonder if it is normal in Taiwan.”

So she doesn’t answer the phone or call you back for a few days, but you are going to live together?

As I look back at ‘challenging’ experiences I have went through, its not the ones where I was completely blind-sided with a new unknown factor that I regret. No, what I truly regret are the times when warning signs were clearly posted along the path, yet I kept ignoring them.

Sit the girl down, and have a real discussion with her, get some answers and listen not only to the words, but the whole package.[/quote]

NOt sure thats gonna do any good really. TW girls kinda go on their own very changeable volitions anyway, agreement or not. They are hard to corral .

… this thread reeks…
…I smell ‘expert’ self-bestowed obliviousness…
“TW girls” aka women born in Taiwan gonna break outta that corral of self-diminishing expectations…

After reading the original post my first thought was, this poor bastard is about to get taken for a ride. After some careful consideration I have changed it to …he is going to get sucked dry and then taken for a ride to hell.

The signs are all there brother open your eyes get your head out of your ass and run as far away as you can!

I donno man. hes in love. Love is unpredictable. Anything can happen. Theres no rule book.

[quote=“Homey”]Good luck, but keep your eyes open.

I would honestly urge you to read up, or speak to a few guys that have dealt with the psycho xiao jie syndrome. It’s not to be taken lightly. This culture tends to breed some real classics.

If your completely prepared for the tantrums and suicide when you realize this isn’t going to work then by all means continue.

I for one will never get involved with a girl like this again. Some relationships are not good matches and either person should be able to decide to move on without such theatrics or suicide. I have known a few guys that actually had to move, to sneak away, change jobs, the whole nine yards.

There are some great Chinese/TW girls out there, but there are clearly a lot of insanely immature ones also. To be fair, this also seems to go for the men as there seem to be a lot of men that think its ok to use the wife/gf as a punching bag.

I have never known an Asian girl that didn’t keep in touch all the time unless she was running off with another man. Most of them will smother you and would never go a day without seeing, texting, or phoning you.

Don’t blindly ignore the warning signs, keep your eyes open.

Good luck.[/quote]

From personal experience there are a whole range of girls, most will contact frequently but some just don’t need that, it may just be personality. Moving in together straight away might be a bit quick though…depends how long you’ve known each other.

I stand by my original evaluation I think this reeks of psycho xiao jie.

I wish and his future therapist all the best.

I stand by my original evaluation I think this reeks of psycho xiao jie.

I wish and his future therapist all the best.[/quote]

Donno, it all could go the other way and become a CM disease? You know, crazy mortimer syndrome when hooked up with nonresponsive tW girlies?

[quote=“european”]The very fact she doesn’t return calls until a few days after raises serious questions.
Taiwanese (girls) carry their phones everywhere.
They’re an appendage to their bodies. They can’t function without them. So her doing this is strange.

And this is someone you are moving in with!

If it were me, I would not move in with her and see how the relationship works out when you two are in the same town living in your own place.[/quote]

I, for one, do not carry my mobile everywhere. And I definitely can function without them. I am even content to live without it if I was not living overseas (UK) and/or if I had a landline in my rented room. I am famous among my friends that I am not easy to reach through my mobile. Actually I am always amused why majority of people would like to be found whereever they go.

My fiance is the one who suffers the most since I usually leave my mobile at home or I forget to switch it on when I have it. Since the beginning of our relationship, he is used to the fact that I’m not accessible most of the daytime via mobile. He respects me and never complains or suggests me to carry it with me more often because he knows I really don’t like to have a mobile (the radiation) close to my body. He only reminds me to switch it on (via email) when he wants to have a 5-minute goodnite call with me (if we don’t have a scheduled skype chat that night).

You see, there is a danger in stereotyping people! :slight_smile:

Apologies for hijacking the post/topic. :slight_smile: Let me get back to the topic…yes it is a bit unusual, from my personal experience and girls around me, the OP’s GF does not return his call until 2-3 days later. However, I’m sure that OP would be able to observe what’s really there when he lives with his GF. My best wishes for both of them!