Scholarship and National Sun Yat-sen University

Hey there. I was notified that I was accepted to National Sun Yat-Sen university. Plus I received my master’s scholarship for 2021-2023 (2 years). And nobody still doesn’t know anything. Borders are closed and visa is not available… I don’t have any instructions upon documents.I started to lose hope to go to Taiwan to study. What do you think? I am from Russia.

why dont sending email to your university? Perhaps they will provide some instructions

I was in a similar situation last year. Soon after, they told me to have a TECO authorized copy of my diploma, transcript, and medical exam. They gave me two months for that and allowed me to start in September with online classes and come to Taiwan in October, once the border was reopenened. (The uni gave me a special entry-permit)
They will probably do something similar or give you the option to defer your enrollment until next year.

2 Likes

The first thing to do is to stay in touch with the Office of International Affairs at NSYSU. It’s their job to keep you informed.

Like others have mentioned, I think you will eventually get there, but there might be a delay, especially with issuing the visa, getting the flight to Taiwan, doing your mandatory 14 days in quarantine after arrival, etc. So if you want to make this work, be patient, stay in touch with the professors of your upcoming courses, and I think it will eventually work out, especially as you are a degree seeking student.

Guy

1 Like

They know nothing and wait for the borders to open:(

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help

1 Like

Not a problem! I hope this works out.

Guy

No probs!
It will probably be a slow process, but it worked out for my classmates and I last year, so I think everything will work out for you too :slight_smile:

2 Likes