School Closure/Open information (new semester from Sep. 1)

I thought it was nationwide but was certain about Taipei and New Taipei. I just confirmed, as @tando said, it’s throughout the country.

Thanks a lot for the info.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Schooling during school closure

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Schooling during school closure

一場疫情
全民變成了廚子
醫護人員變成了戰士
老師變成主播
家長變成安親班主任
孩子們依然是神獸
他們光明正大捧起手機和平板
家長們還得補上一句:認真看啊!
最神奇的是
警衛變成哲學家
問的都是直擊靈魂深處的問題
你是誰
你從哪裡來
你要往哪裡去 ?
讀書考試的時候
一味求高分
現在發現
原來0才是滿分
0死亡0感染0確診

The post is a joke on covid

3 Likes
3 Likes

Oh, OK: the schools will be referendum voting stations on August 28, and they want two days to clean after that. Alright, once you read the article, the two-day delay doesn’t seem so ridiculous.

I don’t see how the schools will be able to open. Not for in class learning. I just don’t see it

1 Like

I guess if they want the schools to be referendum voting stations then it appears that the govt. are planning to have some restrictions loosened by then, since there’ll be masses of people moving through those places.

Irrelevant. CECC obviously sees it. Aside from the small bump today, the cases have been quickly trending down the last couple weeks. Not out of the question for life to be back to semi-normal by early August if things continue in this direction. Obviously things could get worse too, but I think it’s more likely things continue to improve.

3 Likes

The referendum plans have long been in place, and they’re not going to change them yet, because it’s too early to bother. We can’t read this announcement as anything about regulations the government is planning to loosen.

I see.

I hope things get better. I want to be out and about like the olden days. I want things to be better but there realistically is no way to eliminate this virus.

1 Like

Any timeline this far out I take with a grain of salt. They changed their mind about the case threshold to take us to Level 4. They postponed the self paid vaccine program. I mention these points not to open a discussion on the merits of these decisions, but rather that they do seem to be playing everything week by week. Anything outside of that is anyone’s guess. The above was probably just throwing out an answer to give a journalist something to print.

3 Likes

And of course these school bodies have no say over what the CDC mandates.

Sorry if it’s been answered-I can’t see it- any info on what happens to Grade 12 students who were going to take the College Entrance Exam at the end of June?

Iiuc, it was postponed to July 3~5, then now scheduled on July 28 ~ 30. It is announced on Chinese site of College Entrance Examination Center. I would ask to school or call them, if I could not read Chinese.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Taipei’s plan

2 Likes

Any updates on Taoyuan? 🥲