School Closure/Open information (new semester from Sep. 1)

My school said students don’t need to come, but teachers and staff do. Wtf?

3 Likes

教育部表示,學生如因疫情考量請假,請各校「予以同意」,不列入出缺席計算,也不能因此扣分。
The post is about school closure

1 Like

Well, according to the article posted above,

If the parents of elementary schools and kindergartens cannot take care of them at home for some reason, public and private elementary schools and kindergartens still provide students with basic care at school.

If teachers and staff aren’t there, who would provide the care?

3 Likes

As I look back what happedened after last Chinese new year, I sure hope this will not last long. My daughter simply went bored and lazy.

1 Like

So basically kindergartens can stay open for sure.

1 Like

Kaohsiung Hospitality U is shut down, as is Wenzou U. Suddenly my house seems very crowded.

1 Like

防疫照顧假是公假?還是家庭照顧假?

勞動局說明家庭照顧假,家中有12歲以下孩子或身心障礙的家長,可請家庭照顧假,呼籲雇主一定要給,依規定不給有罰則,2萬到30萬,因疫情從嚴考量提高裁罰額度,另外還有防疫照顧假 不給薪不計入考績。
The post is about leave.

1 Like

I think it depends on each school and what agreement they reach with the parents.

What school will say we don’t want your money for two weeks?

They will just refund the ones that don’t go and go on business as usual.

1 Like

They won’t refund they will say the school is open it’s your choice to not attend.

2 Likes

Again, it depends on the school. Not all put money above everything.
Some may be worried about exposing the staff and the children to risk, and recommend parents to not bring kids to school.
The one where my kids go did that last year. I haven’t been contact by them yet, but I’m confident they’ll do the same now.

1 Like

NTY online learning resources

http://www2.tspes.ntpc.edu.tw/news/tvirus/2021/109-2-source.pdf

The article was about school closure.

1 Like

The post is about Taoyuan

Which areas are schools open and which areas are schools closed? I am looking for an official list, particularly private schools (official list not byhear say…)… Kids should be able to switch schools of the pandemic goes on in Taipei right ? Like Taipei to Keelung etc? If this goes on in Taipei for say 3 months parents could technically just move their kids to say Taoyuen or wherever is not under lock.down? Especially for summer camp.

Pretty sure they’re going to make that challenging. Remember early on in Italy, France, etc., where folk fled the cities and then overwhelmed the whole country? Pretty sure Kaohsiung camps aren’t going to be welcoming Taipei kids with open arms, and same would go for schools.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think lockdown is ok for maybe one month , but if we are talking say 6 months that has to be very detrimental to kids, rather than going to say Keelung ? I guess we will be waiting for 10, 000, 000 vaccines :neutral_face:

FYI

The most ”official” ones I could find are news articles. They may be correcting information from Department of Education of each local government or like that.

1 Like

I didn’t mean to be too dismissive. Obviously we’re all trying to figure this out in real time. It does seem like it is a terrible idea to let people move between schools easily now. In the States, private schools were somewhat allowed to set their own rules, but I don’t see that happening here.

This is an interesting one because Taiwan is usually more cautious than the US and so I don’t know what will happen. I think the best case is probably going to be a level 2-3 where kids can go out on walks/hikes, possibly have something like pods/etc. I think the worst case is full on shelter until we get numbers down or more vaccines are available.

2 Likes

I thought all schools under high school is closed and is going online. There are reports that the system is experiencing traffic jam for this reason.