School of rock

This movie has three good things going for it:

1. Richard Linklater is the director
  2. Jack Black stars
  3. Rock music

Anyone out there know when/if it’s going to be released in Taiwan?

Any other Linklater fans on this board?

Tape was released a few months ago on VCD. Unfortunately, Waking Life and Slacker aren’t available at all. Although you can see them at 8 1/2, the art film hangout in Taichung…

I used to watch that show called Kids Say the Darnedest Things. I’m surprised to see him doing rock and roll.

Is that place still going? Excellent. Top little theatre and a lovely chap that runs it. Used to hang out there when I lived in Taiichung.

HG

Whoops! The movie is called SCHOOL OF ROCK, not THE SCHOOL OF ROCK…

There’s a funny website for the movie at:

http://www.schoolofrockmovie.com/

[quote]Anyone out there know when/if it’s going to be released in Taiwan?
[/quote]
THere was a poster up outside the Estrogen Mall a week or two ago, so I expect it will be released here soon.

This looks to be a good movie. Isn’t that the same guy that got blown away by The Jackel Bruce Willis?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

they’re all estrogen malls, aren’t they?

I just saw the ad for School of Rock on tv and this kick-ass movie will premier on Feb 20!

Rock On!

Hans

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

they’re all estrogen malls, aren’t they?[/quote]
Just for the record, Poagao coined that phrase, not me. I just stole it from him.

Yep. Also known as “Shallow Hal” …

Also Known JB of Tenacious D www.tenaciousd.com

Jack Black also did some hilarious parodies of spiderman and lord of the rings for the MTV music awards. Download them from the net. They are worth watching.

Saw it last night. VERY funny… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It was hard to keep from singing along with all the songs. Zeppelin, AC/DC…definitely a cool soundtrack. And the kids were amazing. I am envious of musical prodigies since I didn’t even start to learn music until I was 9. Very cool, very funny movie.

I finally saw it last Sunday. Oh, what a great movie! Wonderful (over)acting by Jack Black. :notworthy: Lots of great moments, and Susan Silverman was perfect as the annoying girlfriend. :notworthy:

I found some parallels between the movie and some scenarios I’ve seen in Taiwan. For example, teachers bringing their own agendas into the classroom, teachers making it up as they go along, teachers who know nothing about teaching making a big splash with students, teachers trying to cover up their complete lack of knowledge about teaching, and probably a few more things I can’t think of right now.

I’m looking forward to the next Linklater flick…