School Party Outings

Does anyone know if schools pay a fee to visit local businesses to see how stuff is done?

Whether it be milking cows, sausage making, hydroponic vegetable growing, etc. You get the idea.

If so, do you have any idea of the amounts of money involved?

usually these places have a visitor center and charge a fee (depends on the place) or are free to visit but expect you to buy at the souvenir shop.
if it’s for young kids usually the visit will have a DIY activity that costs money.
if you take your class to a supermarket and show them how to weigh vegetables it will probably be free… but if you want them to milk cows or plant rice it wont.
amounts are usually in the low hundreds (200-300) per kid.

1 Like

Thanks for that information, very useful.

Do you also know if I would require any government safety inspection certificate and additional public liability insurance?

Would I approach individual schools or some kind of regional school governing board?

TIA

A mate of mine used to be here illegally (overstay) and worked for a kindy. The kindy used to have an annual trip to the local police station as many of the officers there had kids who went to the kindy. Weird place, Taiwan.

1 Like

as far as I know the answer is yes, but it’s not limited to kids, i.e. you would need these anyway for a business that accepts tour groups, doesnt matter if it’s a school, a company or overseas traveler.
school outings are aligned with the curriculum, for example, when they learn about space they go to a science museum, when they learn about food they go visit a farm.
usually it’s the schools themselves that search for the outings (or keep going to the same ones year after year).
they take to account budget, travel time etc…

1 Like