School that teaches 125 CC motorcycle driving in Taichung

I’ve lived here 12 years. All of that time I’ve taken public transportation.
I now want to start driving a 125 cc motorcycle.
I understand a scooter license should be sufficient for a 125 cc bike.
However, I would like to clock in hours on a track or course before spending more time on the roads.
Having some instruction would be great.
Besides this type of track existing, my second concern in safety.
I’d like to practice on a track that isn’t dangerous – people driving around at high speeds.
I suppose I could find some less-traveled road and practice there, but I would prefer a track/course and some training.
I’m going to buy a Honda MSX125 if anyone is curious or has an opinion on that.

If you haven’t ridden before i would recommend getting a cheep scooter for a few months to get used to riding in traffic. Make all your mistakes on something you don’t mind banging around.

I second that. Good advice.

The title gave me a headache.

Don’t go to a track.

That’s a good idea.

Yes - unpleasant mistake in the title.

I’m in Taichung as well.
I imagine you have some local friends if you’ve been here for 12 years.
If one of them has an old, beat-up scooter, ask them if they could take you down to the area around the Fire Bureau in Nantun District. There are a bunch of paved roads there that are closed off, but still in fine condition for getting some practice in. Easy to get a scooter in there through the barricades and you should have the area to yourselves.

No. 119號, Wenxin South 9th Road, Nantun District, Taichung City, 408
Check that out on Google Maps.

1 Like

And for the love of god, get yourself a full-face helmet.
These helmets with nothing but a shield in front that so many people wear are perfect for breaking your nose and losing your teeth…

2 Likes

Excellent. There is another area like that out by the baseball stadium. Great idea!

1 Like

I will!

1 Like