Scooter & Blimpie Heading to the Big House

Raw Sewage

"Special Prosecutor Patrick J. Fitzgerald has asked the grand jury investigating the outing of CIA operative Valerie Plame Wilson to indict Vice President Dick Cheney

(Assuming this article is correct…)

At first, I thought it was interesting that Rove didn’t take the deal for a lesser charge. On the other hand, admitting guilt is a lot like saying, yeah I was guilty all along, and I lied about it, and I admit to causing this whole mess. Of course, we all know that’s true anyway, but… Also, assuming that Bush sticks to his word and fires anyone who has committed a crime in relation to the case, Rove would automatically go down…

Pardon me? Presidential pardon? Nothing to worry about here. Move along folks.

On the way to work this morning, I heard on the radio that Rove is still trying to hammer out a deal with Fitzgerald. He doesn’t have anything to offer or bargain with, so I don’t know what there is to think about. Looks like we should find out some time today, though.

Rove only has the one hammer and GWB for tools, you know. :laughing:

A hammer as in he probably thinks he’s found a bit of dirt in Fitzgerald’s background. “Hammer out a deal” really means “find out if Fitzgerald can be deterred.”

As we speak Karl’s probably putting together the Chicago Jesuits for Truth, who “know” deep dark secrets, shocking secrets, about Fitz’s background.

I live in the Washington D.C. area, and one of my friends is a lawyer who has argued in front of the Supreme Court many times. Anyway, he said that the word downtown is that Cheney is going to be indicted for conspiracy charges. This, of course, is only a rumor, so take it for what it’s worth. Probably too good to be true, if you ask me.

CNN (television) is reporting that Libby is going to be indicted and that Fitzgerald will ask to extend the grand jury to further investigate Rove… and possibly others. FWIW…

What is it with advisers surnamed Libby … Liddy?

HG

Scooter nailed. Dick the Impaler next.

“An indictment of Mr. Libby, who is seen by many people in the White House as Mr. Cheney’s alter ego, would also keep a focus on the way in which the administration built its case that Saddam Hussein was a threat who had to be dealt with. Any trial of Mr. Libby would likely shine a spotlight in particular on Mr. Cheney and his prewar role.”

[quote=“spook”]Scooter nailed. Dick the Impaler next.

“An indictment of Mr. Libby, who is seen by many people in the White House as Mr. Cheney’s alter ego, would also keep a focus on the way in which the administration built its case that Saddam Hussein was a threat who had to be dealt with. Any trial of Mr. Libby would likely shine a spotlight in particular on Mr. Cheney and his prewar role.”[/quote]

Yeah, I just read this not too long ago. How INTERESTING it would be to have a light shined on the backroom workings of the V.P. and others regarding the Iraq War and it’s lead up.

Bodo

Libby has turned in his resignation

(no link because its all over every news source)

House of Lies:

"In advocating war with Iraq, Libby was known for dismissing those within the bureaucracy who opposed him, whether at the CIA, State Department, or other agencies. . . .

Vice President Cheney and his chief of staff, I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby . . . decided to withhold crucial documents from the Senate Intelligence Committee in 2004 when the panel was investigating the use of pre-war intelligence that erroneously concluded Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, according to Bush administration and congressional sources. . .

Had the withheld information been turned over, according to administration and congressional sources, it likely would have shifted a portion of the blame away from the intelligence agencies to the Bush administration as to who was responsible for the erroneous information being presented to the American public, Congress, and the international community. . . .

After the release of the report, Intelligence Committee, Chairman Pat Roberts, R-Kan., and Vice Chairman Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., said they doubted that the Senate would have authorized the president to go to war if senators had been given accurate information regarding Iraq’s programs on weapons of mass destruction."

From LGF:

[quote]At MSNBC, an AP wire story notes a simple fact, buried amidst heaps of hyperbole. (Hat tip: ciaospirit.)

They spent two years and many dollars to come up with this.

All three networks interrupted their broadcasts to carry Fitzgerald

"Good afternoon. I’m Pat Fitzgerald. I’m the United States attorney in Chicago, but I’m appearing before you today as the Department of Justice special counsel in the CIA leak investigation. . . .

The grand jury’s indictment charges that Mr. Libby committed five crimes. The indictment charges one count of obstruction of justice of the federal grand jury, two counts of perjury and two counts of false statements.

Before I talk about those charges and what the indictment alleges, I’d like to put the investigation into a little context.

Valerie Wilson was a CIA officer. In July 2003, the fact that Valerie Wilson was a CIA officer was classified. Not only was it classified, but it was not widely known outside the intelligence community.

Valerie Wilson’s friends, neighbors, college classmates had no idea she had another life.

The fact that she was a CIA officer was not well- known, for her protection or for the benefit of all us. It’s important that a CIA officer’s identity be protected, that it be protected not just for the officer, but for the nation’s security.

Valerie Wilson’s cover was blown in July 2003. The first sign of that cover being blown was when Mr. Novak published a column on July 14th, 2003.

But Mr. Novak was not the first reporter to be told that Wilson’s wife, Valerie Wilson, Ambassador Wilson’s wife Valerie, worked at the CIA. Several other reporters were told.

In fact, Mr. Libby was the first official known to have told a reporter when he talked to Judith Miller in June of 2003 about Valerie Wilson."

[quote=“spook”]"Good afternoon. I’m Pat Fitzgerald. I’m the United States attorney in Chicago, but I’m appearing before you today as the Department of Justice special counsel in the CIA leak investigation. . . .

The grand jury’s indictment charges that Mr. Libby committed five crimes. The indictment charges one count of obstruction of justice of the federal grand jury, two counts of perjury and two counts of false statements.

Before I talk about those charges and what the indictment alleges, I’d like to put the investigation into a little context.

Valerie Wilson was a CIA officer. In July 2003, the fact that Valerie Wilson was a CIA officer was classified. Not only was it classified, but it was not widely known outside the intelligence community.

Valerie Wilson’s friends, neighbors, college classmates had no idea she had another life.

The fact that she was a CIA officer was not well- known, for her protection or for the benefit of all us. It’s important that a CIA officer’s identity be protected, that it be protected not just for the officer, but for the nation’s security.

Valerie Wilson’s cover was blown in July 2003. The first sign of that cover being blown was when Mr. Novak published a column on July 14th, 2003.

But Mr. Novak was not the first reporter to be told that Wilson’s wife, Valerie Wilson, Ambassador Wilson’s wife Valerie, worked at the CIA. Several other reporters were told.

In fact, Mr. Libby was the first official known to have told a reporter when he talked to Judith Miller in June of 2003 about Valerie Wilson."[/quote]

Well, of course HE would say this. lol

Less a scrape than a crack, I’d wager. :laughing:

Well I stayed up and watched the entire press conference last night and I suppose that the transcript must be somewhere online but I will throw in my comments on Fitzgerald

It’s scraping the bottom of the barrel because they are Republicans and they are fighting for right and good. This is the first time in 130 years that a whitehouse official has been indicted. I guess that would be Grant’s whitehouse. Why can’t they leave the good and pure Republicans alone?

[quote=“damafen”]Well I stayed up and watched the entire press conference last night and I suppose that the transcript must be somewhere online but I will throw in my comments on Fitzgerald

And how long has it been since a President has been impeached? :laughing: