Scooter sans dipstick?

Just googled Yamaha 125cc scooter oil change, looked at a couple of sites, it seams the oil filler cap is near the air intake. But without knowing the year and model I couldn’t find the exact service manuals.

Quite a lot (most?) of full sized motorcycles don’t have dipsticks. Can only assume some scooters are the same.

They have oil-free compressors, maybe this is an oil-free scooter.:rofl:

You’re not wrong!

What make, model and year is it?

Looking back in time to the 80s I thought my friends new BMW was novel in that it had an oil change due light. Because the vast majority of cars in Taiwan then did not. They had the ‘oh shit the oil is dangerously low light’ but not one that tells you to change the oil. Heck I don’t think my 2000 Ford Mondeo had an oil change due light either.

My 03 Acura and my 2015 Prius do but they don’t really tell you an oil change is due because of calculated engine use. Only by elapsed miles. Every 5000 miles after you press the oil change light.

Dunno. I thought it had Vmax written on it, but that seems to be a sportsbike.

There are scooters called Xmax so maybe that was it, but the internyet info I found with a quick look was 300 cc or more and water-cooled. This is an air-cooled 125 cc single cylinder.

Somewhat difficult for anyone to answer the questions asked so.

For this specific scooter of course, since its not mine (wouldn’t buy one) and I don’t, specifically know what it is.

OTOH, if there actually is a general no-dipstick
trend, which I suspect, then there might be other examples out there in Forumosan service.