Scooter slogans

Tomato - female
Dam - female

and I’ve met a few guys named Johnson. :shock:

Someone mentioned Cheezer. I knew I guy back in the US called Cheezer. (if it was a nickname I never knew his real name, I think even his folks called him that)

Male: Spike, Koby, Dicky

Female: Elephant (she was skinny too. She said she just liked the animal)
The best one was Swallow. Yup, I almost had a heart attack. Smile. I need to think more…

In Beijing I met a girl who came up to me and said “Hi I’m Easy” It took all that was in me not to choke on my

Yep, Swallow’s a good one. Oh yes.

Was introduced to someone last night called “ICE”

Now what I really want to know is if Mike Meyers ever really met a :

Fook Mi

or

Fook Yu

I am just waiting to see if anyonewill take these names after seeing Goldmember!

“Lavar” is a real name. Lavar Burton plays the black guy with the visor in Star Trek.

Names? Let’s see…

Wonder (male)
Tacky (female)
Satan (male)
Shadow (female)
Dorothy (male)
Rover (male)

and a couple of years ago, three newly-minted Monicas, which I thought disturbing

If they plan to actually use “foreignized” names overseas or in business situations, they’d damn well better make sure they’re real names. And just because hippies or black people name their kids all these things, doesn’t make it right for Chinese here to follow their example. I make a point of telling them what Chinese in the U.S., Singapore, and Hong Kong normally do, and hope some of their good sense will rub off.

I know a Peter Pan in Singapore, and he’s a pilot with Singapore Airlines!

As to names in Taiwan, I liked Zephyr (male). I think he mentioned reading was one of his hobbies.

Iris

My favourite has to be a Taiwanese English teacher (you’d think she would know better) named ‘Swallow’.

Personally I think the obsession with Swallow is a little puerile as well. A swallow is a beautiful bird and I think it’s a beautiful name. How come no one makes fun of Ralph, Peter, or in your case Richard, Dick?

Yes, GLT, Swallow is a beautiful bird (and, she swallows!!)

Thot of a couple more:

We have a new student named “Quickly”.

A couple of colorful gals I’ve met named Blue and Purple.

And I am having some fun naming a friend’s kids…his last name is Lee…therefore…what do you think of Frank and Spike?

Shithead, Devil, Satan, Semaj (james backwards), they must be the funniest names I’ve ever heard, just reading them cracks me up laughing. Especially Shithead. Ican’t imagin introducing yourself at a jod interview saying, “you can call me Shithead” not sure that name will help with employment prospects. Satan & Devil are great as well.
I so often try to explain to taiwanese with strange name to think about changing them in a polite why. But they simply refuse and I give up, they often say they like the sound of the name, or the meaning, somehow trying to personify some identity in the name. I think it’s because Chinese names have meanings and they fail to understand that this may not be the same in western culture.
I cannot believe “Shithead” that name is a curse! anyone calling himself or herself that really is a “Shithead” :smiling_imp:
What was that person thinking??? :?: :?: :?:

After a think about some more names I came up with some more that I’ve heard over the years.
Hansel
Bright
Jones
Et
Kiki
Yuki
Kobe
Cuby
Quibe
Dinosaur * a personal favorite of mine
Jam
Paggy
Otis
Miffy
Missy
Lear
Wiwi * is his brother poo poo?
Lion
Peter Pan * and yes he knows - and no he doesn’t care
Chuck * chuck up
Johnson
Along * from his Chinese nickname Ah Long.
June * A man
Candy * too many of them
Jackson
Kitty
Angel *a boy
Vika
Wikka
Disa
Lucia
Leiter *pronounced it Lighter.

And the list probably still goes on.

I have a customer called " tity " when I look at her I can’t control my self :laughing:
Hawk, Silver and jojo

I had some students called “Monster” and “Piggy” and a co-worker (female) called “Juan” who insists that it is pronounced “Joanne”. “Juan” is a mexican male name, isn’t it??? Oh one more “Passion”.
When will it ever end - simple answer, this is Taiwan, so NEVER.

And, these are full-blooded American parents who are naming their KIDS this. These are NOT foreigners choosing the names for themselves. It’s evil I tell you! :smiling_imp:

Remember though, it is pronounced “Sha-theed.” I can just see him in school his first day… “Donna Johnston?” “Here” “Ah… um… ah… Shithead? Shithead Jones?” “It’s Sha-theed!!!” “Uh, sure it is dear!”

Another Taiwanese I met in the US had chosen the name Prometheus. He liked the meaning and the sound.

Easy (for a girl),
Flagellum (for a guy b/c he had long stringy hair),
Blamche, (yes, B-L-A-M-C-H-E. She wouldn’t change it no matter how many times I told her),
Adonis,
Golden Dragon (when asked his profession, the answer was “Business”. You can have three guesses what that business was, but you should only need one),
and my personal favorite,
Turbo. When asked why his name was Turbo, he stood up, did a hip thrust and said “Because I’m turbo charged!” :shock:

xxx

xxx