Scooter transfer

Hi!!
I did a search for this topic and while the question has been kind of answered…the last one I could find was from 2014 so here goes. Apologies if its the same answer, just want to be sure.
My friend (referred to as friend 1) has a scooter that was gifted to him by another friend who left the country a while back (friend 2). Friend 1 never had the scooter transferred to his name by friend 2. Friend 1 has the title, papers etc, and I have a motorcycle license and ARC from Taiwan. What do I and friend 1 need to do to get the scooter transferred legally in my name?
TIA

Don’THINK you can. That could only be done by F2.

My experience with transfers is that you must have the owner’s (F2) ID and chop, although F2 doesn’t need to be present.

Probably best to ask at the DMV. I don’t know where you are, but the DMV in Taoyuan has become much more efficient and English friendly over the past few years. Not a place to dread at all.

Both posts above are correct.
I imagine if they had any way to do it without F2, it would be a big loophole for stolen scooters…

Sorry, what is a “chop” as a noun? I only know this as a verb

This is not a Pork chop (noun), or cheeky chops (noun plural) type of thing.

It is referring to the Name stamp people use here instead of signature.

As to why it’s called a Chop i don’t know, maybe some one more literate could enlighten us?

Edit: Thank you Wiki,
" The colloquial name chop , when referring to these kinds of seals, was adapted from the Hindi word chapa and from the Malay word cap [2] meaning stamp or rubber stamps."

1 Like