Scottish Independence

Are Scottish banknotes common in the rest of UK or just mostly in Scotland?

Unlikely to see them outside of Scotland. Usually Scot’s on trips down to England or Wales.

2 Likes

Just mostly in Scotland. Might be hard pushed to get a cashier to accept them in England. Had some Northern Irish notes refused in a shop in London last year.

I hope they get their referendum and I hope they vote for Independence. Go for it, Scotland!

Why would the shop refuse the notes? What bank issues them for Northern Ireland?

Not familiar with them so not 100 percent sure they aren’t fake.

Same as some shops don’t like taking 50 pound notes. They don’t handle them every day so can’t spot fakes.

3 Likes

I know this reference.

Shops can choose to accept whatever type of payment they want basically.

Because they haven’t seen them before.

2 Likes

All very interesting. Seems unfair as all are UK (Scot’s money, ect) and another reason to not happy. On a side note looked my box of coins from many nations , have one Florin coin with the King on it!

2 Likes

Scotland, the place where you can be arrested for words you say at your own dinner table.
Jimmy Krankie would finish that place off if she got her own way.
For those that don’t know who the Krankies were, they were a crap Scottish kid’s TV duo that were on TV in the 80s. The wife - played a school boy.

1 Like

They were a hoot. Loved them.

Apparently they were into the swinging scene. Wonder if there was any Little Jimmy cosplay involved.

1 Like

How about:

Sexit or Sleave?

Well, having never dated a UKer, perhaps you or others can offer some analysis on differences between an England girl and a Scottish girl, besides their accents.

Anybody who has ever worked in retail in England has experienced an angry Scottish guy demand they accept his Scottish money - “I think you’ll find it’s legal tender!”

But, actually, we have no legal obligation to accept Scottish money in England. In the case of the shops I worked at where this came up, it wasn’t because we had never seen it before, but because customers don’t accept it if we try giving it to them as change.

5 Likes

Well, this is my confession, at 48 I have not dated an English girl since I left uni. My major relationships as an adult have been with Japanese, Taiwanese, Moroccan and Pakistani women. Not dated a native since 1996.

English women probably nag a lot more than Scottish women do. We are a very repressed nation, which usually presents as sarcasm, sly digs and nit picking. Foreigners mistake it as a fun quirk, but really we are a very cautious and therefore caustic bunch.

4 Likes

I’ve dated Northern Irish (nearly Scottish) much more fun than English girl.
I wouldn’t want to date an English girl ever again never liked em much.

1 Like

Scot ta fook oot

4 Likes

You win. By miles.

Fandabycosi

1 Like