Scrapping a car

I have one car I want to scrap… its old and nobody want to buy it from me

I assume that the motor vehicle reg office would deal with this, but how do I do it?
Are there are fees for doing this?
Do I get any money for scrapping an old car?

You can turn the plates in and keep the car if you paid all the outstanding fines and taxes. If you turn them in and agree that the vehicle can never be re-registered there is a small bonus of a few thousand NT$ IIRC.

What is it btw? I’m looking for a beater for the wife to destroy :smiley:

Taxes are due on mine, and I don’t use it enough to make it worth paying. Free to good, bad, or indifferent home. But what do I do if no-one wants it?

Where do you take the car after you hand in the plates? I don’t need an old rusty car parked outside forever.

There is an EPA toll-free number where you can arrange a pick-up and claim your rebate according to these rules:

一、廢汽車回收獎勵金每輛為新台幣參仟元。二、廢機車回收獎勵金每輛為新台幣壹仟元。三、回收方式:廢機動車輛車主報繳車輛時,需檢具車輛登記人名義之車籍證明文件影本一份,並於現場填寫廢機動車輛回收管制聯單,以完成廢機動車輛回收手續。四、申請方式:廢機動車輛車主應檢具車主身分證影本及車籍證明文件影本各一份(電匯領取者需檢附銀行存摺封面影本乙份),連同廢機動車輛回收管制聯單第一聯回收獎勵金申請聯,寄至台北郵政三二五七號信箱向本署提出申請,經本署審查無重複申領、非失竊車輛等情形後撥付。五、撥付對象:車主。六、撥付方式:採電匯或支票領取。採電匯領取者須檢附車主存摺封面影本乙份,並自回收獎勵金扣除千分之四之印花稅。採支票領取者則依廢機動車輛回收管制聯單中所填寫之支票寄送地址掛號寄件。七、廢機動車輛回收管制聯單收車日期於九十四年一月一日(含)以後者,依本署公告回收獎勵金數額辦理。

I think the number 0800 085717.

If your car is small and automatic, PM me.