Screws for amplifiers or other musical equipment.

Is there anywhere in Taipei or surrounding areas that specialize in these types of screws? I tried a few hardware stores and they said they don’t have those sizes and I need to try a specialty store.
Of course they had no idea where I could find such a place. One did suggest Cheng der Road behind Taipei Main Station.
Or anything online.

Maybe the area just south of Zhongxiao and west of Zhonghua, including Xining market. There’s an audio hardware kind of store on Zhonghua there. There’s a biggish music gear store down Zhonghua past the liquor store, too.

Oh, I forgot about that area. I have been meaning to check that area out for a while.

Cheers.

Can you post a picture or a reference to what you are looking for? because I can think of very different screws “for musical instruments”. You mean something for wood? or for the electronic components on a guitar? for a synthetizer perhaps?

To the layman, they look like small screws. (for a vintage effects box in my case). But the hardware store guy who spoke great English knew straight away he did not have the 2 types I needed and knew they were for amps, effects boxes etc.
Another friend suggested I visit Cheng de just north of Ming Sheng. There are specialty stores located there for screw, bolts etc. he said.

I forgot the “for amplifiers” bit when I wrote the text above. I don’t think there’s a shop that focuses on that but you can try to find

Try at some electronics shop. I would expect that there’s a screws shop somewhere, but never saw one.

Google “screw where to in Taipei”, and have fun. Then you can go and look for the screws.

I found what I needed in the first place I entered on Cheng de just north of Ming Sheng - LHS going North. I would say there is a good chance you will find hard to find nuts, bolts and screws there. Here is the address: https://goo.gl/maps/GHtQU4CyA9B2