Scrolling function has issues (Scroll Jank) - was fixed, happening again?

I just have to learn to read faster :rofl:

Maybe a new program that teaches speed reading has been added to the platform. :thinking:

problem solved :smiley:

2 Likes

Let us know if that resolves your scrolling issues.

the computer voice is worse than the scrolling

2 Likes

After listening to voice bots read the news, I totally believe you.

1 Like

But it also means it has nothing to do with the Text Ads @GooseEgg mentioned.

2 Likes

Does it rule that out? I don’t have enough technical knowledge to assess that.

or computing platform

1 Like

It happened 2x scrolling to the bottom of this thread.

Using mouse. Scrolling down. Slight pause…and leaps back to perhaps a few posts below the post that I initially read.

Not able to reproduce it though.

1 Like

If he turned that feature off (as he said) and the problem persists (as you said), yes.

1 Like

I think it’s happening to me now.

1 Like

I’m so sorry.

2 Likes

I turned off the Text Ads just before I posted.

Here is a thread from 2019 - is the clip in the video the kind of problem you are having?

That doesn’t match the problem I’ve had. I’m not at the bottom when it jumps back up. Usual case for me: scrolling lots of unread posts on my iPhone (Safari) in the morning, I’ll get through 20 of 50 unread posts, and it’ll suddenly jump back to the beginning of the 50 unread posts, where I’d started a minute or two earlier. And I’ll scroll down to try to figure out where I left off. And it may jump back up again.

EDIT: For what it’s worth, although I’d be seriously surprised if it matters at all, I often encounter a similar bug in Twitterrific.

2 Likes

My experience is pretty similar to what @lostinasia described, except for two point:

1. I’m on notebook. At first I thought it was a touchpad issue, but the bug also happened when I changed to Bluetooth mouse.
  2. When it jumps back up, it not always go to where I started reading, although that’s the behavior in the majority of times.
1 Like

This is some serious bullshit.

mine too, except it is chrome on Android cell phone, and I’m scrolling up from newer to older, and it suddenly jump down to somewhere between I started and reached.

2 Likes

This one really hit hard…

2 Likes

Still having issues, ruminant?